Reason crashs too often. Dune3 owner can reproduce?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Loque

18 Apr 2020

In the last time i have lots of problems, when playing around with different VSTs in Reason, which result sometimes in hard crashes and Reason just exits.

I already contacted the support, but i am currently not willing to wait 1,5h for a freaking Logging Version download.

So, maybe if someone here has Dune3, Reason 11 and can open the song and try to reproduce the problem and confirm it?
* Open song
* Play the loop
* Open Dune3
* Turn wildly(!) the Resonance while the loop is playing
-> Took me most of the time only a few seconds to make it crash

You may try it on 44khz with 128 buffer size.

Please note, that i had similar problems with other VSTs. AFAIR i turned something on the UI, so it might be UI related in general. Currently i cannot confirm it is Dune3 or any other synth, since i have the problem with too many VST synths.

Would be nice if you try and can confirm, before i make again a ticket, wait freaking 1,5h for the Loggin Version download, reproduce, communicate with support....damn, so anyoing.
dune3crash.zip
(62.03 KiB) Downloaded 39 times
dune3crash.jpg
dune3crash.jpg (260.48 KiB) Viewed 894 times

Now i am p!ssed and stop making music for today...again...
Reason12, Win10

Jackjackdaw

18 Apr 2020

can you share the crash dump file? I could run it through windows debug and see what the culprit is.

sdst
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2020

you are using too low buffer size, increase it to 512

I don't own dune3, I can't test your file

raymondh

18 Apr 2020

Unfortunately I can't open the file in Reason 10.

I did add a Dune 3 in R10 (on Win10 64bit, Focusrite 18i8 latest drivers), use a complex patch and do the resonance twiddle at 128, 256, 512 buffers and it was rock solid.

qn5

18 Apr 2020

Same. Just tried your file and that happened instantly. Interestingly enough, the DSP meter doesn't even light up with this patch.
I'm running Reason 11 on Win10 Pro. Focusrite ASIO @ 44.1k Sample Rate & Buffer Size Set at 64. I usually never have any issues.

Just set it to 512 Buffer... and tried it again....the program just turned the fuck off and disappeared. hahah No sandboxing, nothing.
- Tried loading Dune 3 with a different patch and went ham on the Resonance filter... not a problem.
- THEN I recorded some midi and went ham on the resonance filter... not a problem.
- THEN I drew some automation curves on Filter 1 and went ham on the resonance filter.... instacrash.
- THEN I tried this (cutoff + reso) on the second filter....instacrash.
- THEN applied automation to Detune and went ham on reso.... instacrash.

Seems to be something with the interplay of resonance with any automated parameter.

You're not alone. :lol:
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

Loque

19 Apr 2020

qn5 wrote:
18 Apr 2020

Same. Just tried your file and that happened instantly. Interestingly enough, the DSP meter doesn't even light up with this patch.
I'm running Reason 11 on Win10 Pro. Focusrite ASIO @ 44.1k Sample Rate & Buffer Size Set at 64. I usually never have any issues.

Just set it to 512 Buffer... and tried it again....the program just turned the fuck off and disappeared. hahah No sandboxing, nothing.
- Tried loading Dune 3 with a different patch and went ham on the Resonance filter... not a problem.
- THEN I recorded some midi and went ham on the resonance filter... not a problem.
- THEN I drew some automation curves on Filter 1 and went ham on the resonance filter.... instacrash.
- THEN I tried this (cutoff + reso) on the second filter....instacrash.
- THEN applied automation to Detune and went ham on reso.... instacrash.

Seems to be something with the interplay of resonance with any automated parameter.

You're not alone. :lol:
Wow... Thanks! Now who i need to blame 🤔

I will contact both today.
Reason12, Win10

qn5

19 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
19 Apr 2020

Keep me posted on what happens. Would like to know how it gets sorted.
QN5 MUSIC
qn5.com

Loque

19 Apr 2020

qn5 wrote:
19 Apr 2020
Loque wrote:
19 Apr 2020

No answer from both yet. But hey, its sunday... I will post here what happens.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
19 Apr 2020
qn5 wrote:
19 Apr 2020

No answer from both yet. But hey, its sunday... I will post here what happens.
Let me guess. If a Dune problem they will release a free fix in less than three weeks. If Reason you get a fix in R12 for $129.

Apologies for my sarcasm, but I have said it before, Reason really need to start fixing bugs in the existing versions and the immediate previous version, not just put bug fixes behind a paywall and forced upgrades.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

27 Apr 2020

No progress till now.

Only Richard responded, but could not reproduce it till now.

I'll keep you updated.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

27 Apr 2020

Richard had found the bug and fixed it. It is Reason exclusive, other DAWs should work fine. The release will be in the next Dune3 update.
Reason12, Win10

chimp_spanner

27 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
27 Apr 2020
Richard had found the bug and fixed it. It is Reason exclusive, other DAWs should work fine. The release will be in the next Dune3 update.
Really glad to hear this! I've been thinking of getting DUNE 3. DUNE 1 and 2 (and Antidote) are some of my most used synths.

• Information