Reason upgrades (deleting previous information)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kingmademusic

05 Apr 2020

Good morning,

First and foremost, hope all is well with everyone.

There's an issue/question I'm figuring someone here may be able to assist with:

Currently working with Reason version [9.2.2d1 (build 8,071)]. I searched for a Mellotron and came across the Re-Tron. The issue is that its stating this is not compatible with my Reason version on the current ignition key. I'm debating if I should upgrade to Reason 11, but I'm skeptical to do so because the last upgrade I did scrambled some of the tracks I had and I couldn't stem out a few beats that needed to be sent for studio sessions. If I upgrade I DO NOT want to go through that situation again. I have some compositions being worked on and I can't have the sounds vanish on me again!!!! Is there a work around for this, or how can I ensure my sounds don't scramble into some mysterious folder never to be found again? Maybe there's a way to replicate the re tron with what I already have so I don't have to upgrade? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated!

BradfordMoeller

05 Apr 2020

Upgrade, you won't regret it! The Re-Tron is awesome too.

The only reason I can think that might have scrambled tracks in the past is when they dropped the Line 6 amp modelers for the Softube ones, which was annoying to me briefly, but the Softube ones are far superior so I got over it.

I upgraded a few days ago from 10 to 11 and had no issues whatsoever.
:reason:)))

1reasonable

06 Apr 2020

On previous upgrades, the Props used to put a warning to move your refills and sounds to a different folder temporarily, install the upgrade, then move them back. There should be No need to do so these days, as they have now reconfigured the way the update writes the data. However, personally I am always wary- I’ve permanently moved my refills to my Mac documents folder, which gives me the peace of mind that you are seeking. However, I’ve decided that for me, being a long time Reason only DAW user Since v 3 , R11 doesn’t seem worth it. Have a look at what it offers you before you commit. Plenty of advice on YouTube! ReTron would be an excellent purchase, and should not be a problem in R10 as far as I can see. If you’re thinking you need to upgrade to R11, I couldn’t find anywhere that says it can’t be used with R10. Even better, if you have the cash, go to GForce Software and have a look at the M-Tron Pro- you could run that on R10 for less than the cost of the R11 upgrade and ReTron!
…………………………………………………………………

:reason: 11.3.6 ,  iMac Intel Core i5 (late 2012) OSX 10.13.6 High Sierra

michaeldollan

09 Apr 2020

Hiya.
I've actually already purchased the upgrade to 11 (on 10 right now), but am working on an EP and am nervous about installing it in case it wrecks my tracks, as the upgrade from 6.5 to 10 did by losing the line 6 amps.
Does 11 install side by side (as 10 did with 6.5), or does it overwrite 10? And do you think it will be ok either way? My tracks are mostly audio, with some use of instruments and Dr. OctoRex...
Thanks in advance for any help!
:D
You can check out a demo version of one of the tracks on my website if you like?

www.michaeldollanmusic.com

michaeldollan

09 Apr 2020

BradfordMoeller wrote:
05 Apr 2020

The only reason I can think that might have scrambled tracks in the past is when they dropped the Line 6 amp modelers for the Softube ones, which was annoying to me briefly, but the Softube ones are far superior so I got over it.

Hiya. Does 10 install side by side with 11 or overwrite it? I'm working on an EP so nervous about messing things up as it did when I upgraded to 10 from 6.5 (the line 6 amp issue you mentioned).

My tracks are mostly audio, using a few synth sounds sometimes, and the Dr. OctoRex...

If you want to check out a demo, there’s one one my website www.michaeldollanmusic.com

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2020

michaeldollan wrote:
09 Apr 2020
BradfordMoeller wrote:
05 Apr 2020

Hiya. Does 10 install side by side with 11 or overwrite it? I'm working on an EP so nervous about messing things up as it did when I upgraded to 10 from 6.5 (the line 6 amp issue you mentioned).

My tracks are mostly audio, using a few synth sounds sometimes, and the Dr. OctoRex...

If you want to check out a demo, there’s one one my website www.michaeldollanmusic.com
It installs along side 10

BradfordMoeller

10 Apr 2020

michaeldollan wrote:
09 Apr 2020
BradfordMoeller wrote:
05 Apr 2020

I had a feeling it was the Line 6 thing! You won't have any issues, and you can still keep R10 installed alongside R11!
:reason:)))

• Information