I really wish Reason Props would do more with video integration

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
KevTav

04 Apr 2020

Don't get me wrong, I love Reason, but because of my expansion into Film Scoring, I'm finding it just does not keep up. For most stuff Reason is great. But I just don't see them competing in many Professional settings. More and more I just find myself needing to go OUTSIDE of Reason though. It sucks. I really wish Props would keep up with others in this regard. I dunno, just throwing it out there. Frustrated.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

challism

05 Apr 2020

I don't think you will ever see this happen. But the good news is, Reason Rack can be used as a plugin now. So why not get R11 and use it as a plugin for a DAW that already has video capabilities?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Jagwah

05 Apr 2020

I think it's always a possibility but you first need to consider the hierarchy of Reason feature requests that have been mounting for many years, then consider Reason features and upgrades have always trickled in painfully slowly. There's also the heavy focus on new rack devices and other ventures that push wanted features like this even further away.

KevTav

05 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
05 Apr 2020
I don't think you will ever see this happen. But the good news is, Reason Rack can be used as a plugin now. So why not get R11 and use it as a plugin for a DAW that already has video capabilities?
I'm learning Cubase right now. Spending 4 hours a day on it. Migrating everything over to it. Will be my main DAW for everything going forward.

I've had enough.
Yamaha DGX-650 (Controller) - Komplete Audio Interface - Asus GR8 2 - Intel Core i7-7700 3.60 GHz - 16GB RAM - Audio Technica ATH M50x - Yamaha HS 80Ms - Reason 10 - Izotope - Cubase - Pro Tools - Ableton - Epiphones - Taylors - SH*TLOAD of Plug-Ins

BradfordMoeller

05 Apr 2020

This is one of my top hopes for future features, if not the top one!
:reason:)))

moneykube

05 Apr 2020

yes please
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

ProfessaKaos

06 Apr 2020

I think most of us want it. Would be great.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Jagwah

06 Apr 2020

Waiting for something for far too long, only to continue waiting with no end in sight - can cause people to really burn out, as we have seen on this very forum.

I'll continue to hope for video support in Reason more than any other feature, but I'll be realistic and refer to history as a good indicator on how that is coming along, which is pretty much not at all. :)

kitekrazy

06 Apr 2020

I'd prefer to export the music to a video editor like Vegas. Some DAWs are really good for video and many are not.

KevTav

06 Apr 2020

kitekrazy wrote:
06 Apr 2020
I'd prefer to export the music to a video editor like Vegas. Some DAWs are really good for video and many are not.
I know PT and Reason, but I HATE PT. I hate it with a passion. It literally makes me anxious and I don't enjoy it at all.
I dove into Cubase this week and I may never use Reason again for anything other than quick sketches.
I just think I've outgrown it and Props isn't serious. They're just not serious creators at this point. Low energy and stale.

Time for me to move on.

KevTav

06 Apr 2020

KevTav wrote:
06 Apr 2020
kitekrazy wrote:
06 Apr 2020
I know PT and Reason, but I HATE PT. I hate it with a passion. It literally makes me anxious and I don't enjoy it at all.
I dove into Cubase this week and I may never use Reason again for anything other than quick sketches.
I just think I've outgrown it and Props isn't serious. They're just not serious creators at this point. Low energy and stale.

5, 000 different synths for all the EDM "DJs".....and not ONE working native video sync editor, in 2020.

Time for me to move on.

orthodox
RE Developer

06 Apr 2020

First, you invent your own style of coding key points of a movie with audio markers. It may be an arbitrary set of short sounds, like dog bark, crash of glass etc. Then open your favourite video editor and mark video events with these sounds on an extra audio track and then export it to Reason.

KevTav

06 Apr 2020

challism wrote:
05 Apr 2020

I didn't read this correctly. I had no clue Reason 11 had that capability. Just saw a video on it and it clicked what you were talking about.
I'm gonna have to upgrade Reason so I don't have to migrate VSTs and organize folders and import VSTs, etc. etc. As much crap as I talk about Reason, it is an intuitive DAW for creation. I'm just pissed at them for certain things.

KevTav

06 Apr 2020

orthodox wrote:
06 Apr 2020
First, you invent your own style of coding key points of a movie with audio markers. It may be an arbitrary set of short sounds, like dog bark, crash of glass etc. Then open your favourite video editor and mark video events with these sounds on an extra audio track and then export it to Reason.
I'm just gonna learn Cubase for that. People I'm talking to for work (side hustles) are using Cubase, a LOT. I have to conform to it.

antic604

06 Apr 2020

Have you tried this plugin?

https://vidplayvst.com/index.htm

Obviously it's not the same as properly integrated feature, but might be enough at least for some use cases.
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

• Information