issue using hardware effect

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JRIII86

04 Apr 2020

I'm trying to put an effects chain on an electric guitar I want to record, but I want the guitar to first go through a wah effect in reason, then out to a hardware fuzz pedal, then back to Reason. I have the clean guitar signal going into input 2 and the fuzzed one going into input 1. Ideally I would like to be able to have the guitar go through whole chain of effects and then just record the fuzzed end result, without having to record the guitar from input 2 first, and I would like to be able to just hear input 1 while I do it, but whenever I turn off monitoring or bring down the fader on the input 2 track I lose the audio out signal from it and therefore lose the signal to input 1 as well. This is my first go at this type of thing so I'm wondering if there's a solution that I'm missing?

dmcghee

04 Apr 2020

Run your guitar effects through your audio interface. Setup your audio inputs and outputs of the interface in your computer. Assign the input from your guitar effects change to the input the you want to record through on your audio interface. Open an audio track in Reason and assign it to the same input channel. Hit the record monitor button to see the record levels coming from your guitar. Once your levels are set hit record.
I hope this helps.

• Information