Question regarding cables

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
shittybiber

31 Mar 2020

Sup, I registered here cuz so far, everytime I had a question regarding Reason, I found help here.
I've been using Reason for 11 years now, mostly Reason 5.
I've recently upgraded to Reason 8.3 (a friend gave me his license), and so far, I'm really happy with the "new" version :puf_smile:

Now this might be an odd question, or something that was already solved in newer versions, but I don't really want to update as long as it's not 100% necessary for me.
Whenever I used to create a new device, most of the time it's a Thor or NN-19, it would automatically hook up to the last mixer I created, left & right cables, it made perfect sense. When I add EQ, it would hook up that as well, between the Thor and the Mixer.

Now, when I'm creating new devices like a Thor, first of all, it wont be connected to the mixer. At all.
Yet I can still hear it, which makes no sense to me.
Each instument is hooked up to this orange box (check the attachement to this post), which seems to be it's own little mixer. But with no cables connecting it to anything. It's really messy and I'd like to go back to the old way; being able to mix everything in the top (the standard 14-2 mixer).
Is there a way to connect everything by cable automatically, or do I have to do it manually do it every time I set up a new device now?

Also, the browser window is really annoying, being always stuck on the left hand side, never it's own window.
I guess that's just one of those things I have to live with now..

Thanks in advance for any help or replies here !
Attachments
wtf.JPG
wtf.JPG (75.25 KiB) Viewed 204 times

Despondo
Competition Winner

31 Mar 2020

Welcome to the later versions of Reason that use the SSL mixer vs. the older 14:2 mixer. You should get used to the workflow, since the SSL mixer is way better than the old one. You can still use the older mixer, but you might have to manually connect devices to it, or make sure it is selected before you create a new device.

orthodox
RE Developer

31 Mar 2020

shittybiber wrote:
31 Mar 2020
Each instument is hooked up to this orange box (check the attachement to this post), which seems to be it's own little mixer. But with no cables connecting it to anything. It's really messy and I'd like to go back to the old way; being able to mix everything in the top (the standard 14-2 mixer).
Is there a way to connect everything by cable automatically, or do I have to do it manually do it every time I set up a new device now?
That orange box is the rack incarnation of the Mix Channel in the mixer view above. Things get to the Master Section via Mix Channels. If you prefer to mix it with Mixer 14:2, you can create it first and then drop your Thor under, it will route to your mixer automatically.

PhillipOrdonez

31 Mar 2020

You can hide the browser too.

• Information