How do I get an effect like a tremolo arm downbend?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

Right...I want to get an effect like when you play a guitar then press slowly down on the tremolo arm and then slowly release it. Basically a downward smooth drop and then back up to the original position. I've tried all sorts of modulators and Warp Tape effects wow and flutter. Only thing is they go down and then up. Sine wave style.Fritz kind of did what I was looking for as did iZotope Vinyl but I don't want that downward upward bend...like a sine...I just want the downward. Anybody got any ideas how I can do it. I want it to play guitar through.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

22 Mar 2020

Polar dual pitchshifter

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
22 Mar 2020
Polar dual pitchshifter
Thanks. How?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jackjackdaw

22 Mar 2020

You'll need something to create the envelope in the shape you want then just apply that to the pitch.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
22 Mar 2020
You'll need something to create the envelope in the shape you want then just apply that to the pitch.
This is pretty much what I’m out after...
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

So what do I use to create the envelope in the shape I want?
Panda’s Shape?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reasonable man

22 Mar 2020

I'm of no help at all unfortunatley.
My guitar playing is limited and never used in reason (or amp simulations in reason) but i'm sure someone knows how to imitate it .
Is the effect your after anywhere in this video? I cant tell exactly if there is any pitch shifting going on anywhere here as he might just be bending the notes on the fretboard!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
22 Mar 2020
I'm of no help at all unfortunatley.
My guitar playing is limited and never used in reason (or amp simulations in reason) but i'm sure someone knows how to imitate it .
Is the effect your after anywhere in this video? I cant tell exactly if there is any pitch shifting going on anywhere here as he might just be bending the notes on the fretboard!
Thanks :). I think he's just using the Whammy like Kevin Shields does. Guess I'll just HAVE to buy that Jazzmaster I've been looking at for ages. Oh well :) Hahaha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reasonable man

22 Mar 2020

I know you could assaign an expression pedal to the pitchbend wheel i polar , or assaign the combi pitch bend wheel or mod wheel to one or both of ptch shifters on polar and then edit remote overide that to your expression pedal but i cant see it sounding very natural. Anyway hope you get sorted

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

Hmmmm….nah...I don't think it's pitch shifting I'm looking for. I got something out of the Turn2on uni-vibe which sounded ok with Polar but not quite there. Tape wow and flutter is good. The warp on iZotope vinyl is good. But all of them go both up and down and I don't want that. I tried automating the warp control on Vinyl but it was a total hassle.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reasonable man

22 Mar 2020

I tells ya figg , Poobear is the man for this kinda stuff. I'm not sure if he plays electric guitar or has one but he could prob wire this up in 20 different ways and give you 100 differnt options. I think you will have to take the audio out of the mix channel and into a combi just contaning polar and then back into the mix channel and in the combi programmer set up your modulations with the combi mod-wheel and either automate the wheel or right click and remote overide it to a phisical expression pedal or something. You can programme the direction of the modulation and set limitations etc .
If you assaign both polar pitch shifters (combi mod wheel) to go in different amounts or directions you might stumble on it but its a long shot!
Anyway this is above my station at any rate!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Mar 2020

Reasonable man wrote:
22 Mar 2020
I tells ya figg , Poobear is the man for this kinda stuff. I'm not sure if he plays electric guitar or has one but he could prob wire this up in 20 different ways and give you 100 differnt options. I think you will have to take the audio out of the mix channel and into a combi just contaning polar and then back into the mix channel and in the combi programmer set up your modulations with the combi mod-wheel and either automate the wheel or right click and remote overide it to a phisical expression pedal or something. You can programme the direction of the modulation and set limitations etc .
If you assaign both polar pitch shifters (combi mod wheel) to go in different amounts or directions you might stumble on it but its a long shot!
Anyway this is above my station at any rate!
Hahaha. Cool. Thanks man. You’re way more knowledgeable than me. All I know how to do is plug my guitar in and play it. That Whamdrive VST is excellent. I had it ages ago and just remembered about it after I started this thread.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Proboscis

22 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2020
WTF is THAT whitewash of crappy noise ? I can't believe what I am hearing from that band :o

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2020

Proboscis wrote:
22 Mar 2020
MrFigg wrote:
22 Mar 2020
WTF is THAT whitewash of crappy noise ? I can't believe what I am hearing from that band :o
?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mich01

23 Mar 2020

If you don't have to play full chords, I suggest to try Neptune. It can pitchbend audio.

Greetzz Michel

selig
RE Developer

23 Mar 2020

Mich01 wrote:
23 Mar 2020
If you don't have to play full chords, I suggest to try Neptune. It can pitchbend audio.

Greetzz Michel
In fact, Neptune is what I use (based on a user tip years ago) for doing realistic string glissando/bends.

It's remarkably better than using a pitch bend on samples, surprisingly so IMO.
Selig Audio, LLC

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2020

selig wrote:
23 Mar 2020
Mich01 wrote:
23 Mar 2020

Greetzz Michel
In fact, Neptune is what I use (based on a user tip years ago) for doing realistic string glissando/bends.

It's remarkably better than using a pitch bend on samples, surprisingly so IMO.
Absolutely. For single strings. Still sounds a bit jerky. It’s that full on warped chord sound I wanted and whamdrive does it. The fuzz on it is perfect as well.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Djstarski

23 Mar 2020

You could try the Pulveriser . It has a Tremolo section .

Proboscis

27 Mar 2020

MrFigg wrote:
23 Mar 2020
Proboscis wrote:
22 Mar 2020

?
Hahah. oh dear

*goes to look for CD*

*realize that I was thinking of the band 'Bullet for My Valentine'

You might appreciate the horror I felt when I posted that comment, and thought the BFMV had gone way off genre :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Information