Feature requests for your inner workflow

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Seckin

20 Mar 2020

Seriously, I know very well how frustrating it can be that the inability to freeze tracks keeps you from producing your next worldwide hit. I also know that you'd normally be all over the radio stations since you moved on to your next DAW with all those super features like freeze tracks and better midi edit, but it sucks that you still have to wait for that next big compressor plugin! I know! Mortal obstacles to artistic expression! Plus the coronavirus and all that.. Oh God!

Amidst all this disorder, have you ever thought about what essential features you've been lacking in your inner workflow? In your creative mind? In your musical ear? Because you know.. maybe that's where some of the problem lies? Just maybe?

Here are my own self-feature requests:

- The tenacity to get things done.
- The "Uninstall irrelevant plugins" option.
- Better choice of instruments and sounds.
- Sticking to less tracks than what's needed.
- Less excuses.
- More practicality.

What are the things you guys lack? Are they really less than what Reason lacks?
Or would you rather say that you're more complete than your tools? Because then I would totally envy you because you must be like ten times what Mozart was..
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

motuscott

20 Mar 2020

When I get that new compressor plug in and Reason gets brain freeze, Mozart better run...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

gullum

20 Mar 2020

after reading the tread title I thought we were talking about the digestive system :D

guitfnky

20 Mar 2020

everyone is more complete than their tools. you’re suggesting that manmade creations (the tools) are more complete than man him/herself—an impossibility (at least until/unless AI becomes able to create the tools for us).

you don’t need to be Mozart to see a need, and want to fill it.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2020

Nah everything's Reasons fault. But now that we can export to mp3 I'll definitely be able to write better tunes. Finally! This has been holding me back for so long now.

No but seriously I can relate to this thread. Of course the DAW, REs, plugins, whatever tools you're using matters, but I think people obsess over these things waaaay too much instead of thinking about writing music.
I feel I'm lucky that I genuinly don't think that much about Reasons flaws or shortcomings. But I see other people have HUGE lists of things that bug them. Man that must suck. If I felt that way I would have moved on to other DAWs a long long time ago.

My "self-feature request" when I write music is to FINISH tracks. They don't have to be perfect. The important thing is finish stuff. It doesn't mean that every idea needs to develop into a full song, but as long as they tilt towards the good/decent material I try my best to turn them into songs.
And of course having fun with creating new music. Play with all my different REs. Try new things. Experimenting.

loopeydoug

20 Mar 2020

I would like to be kinder to my myself.

jam-s

21 Mar 2020

Allocating enough time to practise and actually work on new tracks is likely my most pressing issue.

rorystorm

22 Mar 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
20 Mar 2020
Play with all my different REs. Try new things. Experimenting.
This.

Plus, stop trying to sound like other people.

demt

22 Mar 2020

hmm having got it all right this bounce to track stuff should auto record and the effects should allso bounce
ps carnt find the improvements thread
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Creativemind

22 Mar 2020

OK, no track folders, no track freeze, no time markers, no aliased clips etc won't stop you from making that next big hit but what they do do, is help make the experience of creating it in Reason a hell of a lot smoother, quicker and more fluent.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Oquasec

22 Mar 2020

I've been spoiled by reaper n fl piano rolls tbh.
I don't know if props intends to add these features but I am assuming they will cuz at a certain point there will be no more upgrades without something to add.
---
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information