Ostrich syndrome

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chaosroyale

17 Mar 2020

Did anyone have an Amiga in the 90's??? Reason feels like the Amiga in 93-94, when the company sat back and let PCs overtake them. Nostalgic Amiga users were hanging on to a product that used to be cutting edge, talking about how their machine was "unique", how it was the "first" to have certain features, not seeing that the world had moved on, and the unique features were not special any more.

I was just working on a time-sensitive project and halfway through I had to go "fuck this", abandon Reason, and do it in another DAW because the number of workarounds was just wasting too much time. I would have enjoyed doing it in Reason much more if I had the choice, but it simply wasn't possible because of all the bullshit workarounds.

Reason was the best collection of synths and FX of 2005, so they didn't need to compete so much on workflow.

Reason is STILL the best collection of synths and FX...of 2005...and that's the problem.

It's so frustrating that many of the problems have been solved by other DAWs - why not just copy the solutions*!!! (*Anyone who says "but it's the Reason way" can go fuck themselves - there is nothing "fun" about not being able to type in values directly, for example.)

So - just use the Reason Rack as a collection of synths in a proper DAW, right? Let's be real - the synths in Reason that were cutting edge in 2005 have been left abandoned and un-updated. If you need lots of grunt from your synth plug-ins, VPS Avenger will take care of it and more, for less money.

Anyway...this is the same old same old.

It's a shame that Bitwig and Reaper "feel" so boring compared to Reason, but the reality is that if I have to choose between wasting hours fucking around with workarounds on Reason, or actually finishing my work, I have no choice. I really WANT to use Reason, but the time is a luxury I cannot afford.

/rant

chaosroyale

17 Mar 2020

I am fully expecting the response to be "bye, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out"

And you are right. This is my situation. If you are happy with things the way they are, fine.

• Information