problem/possible bug with Drum Sequencer Player

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Chizmata

11 Mar 2020

the problem is pretty straightforward. i automated the pattern change for the drum sequencer player in the main sequencer. it starts with pattern 1 correctly and is supposed to switch to pattern 2 the moment another element (bass) stops. weirdly, it simply stops playing then. the cursor inside the drumseq doesnt move anymore even though the play button is lit. even more weirdly, it starts playing correctly the moment the bass comes back, even though both tracks have absolutely no connection to each other, no cv, automation, audio routing whatsoever. i have also checked the pattern settings inside drumseq, but i see nothing that could cause this behaviour. right now, i can only assume this is an obscure bug. any help or similar experiences? thx!

edit: i was able to narrow it down a little further: the drumseq does play but is stuck on repeating the first note (on which i have placed no sound). still, it automatically stops that behaviour at some point and goes on correctly. it always happens, no matter to what pattern i set the clip to. it is gone when i turn off the automation and switch patterns manually though. it also doesnt occur if i just enlarge the preceding pattern 1 clip.

i suppose this is a bug with the automation lane.

edit 2: ok i fixed it by just deleting the automation clip and repainting the exact same thing. behaviour is normal now. still something RS should look into. i feel like this came from enlarging the clip by grabbing the left corner and dragging left. thx for the answers.
Last edited by Chizmata on 11 Mar 2020, edited 4 times in total.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2020

That sounds weird. What happens if you delete the bass track altogether?

Chizmata

11 Mar 2020

Timmy Crowne wrote:
11 Mar 2020
That sounds weird. What happens if you delete the bass track altogether?
behaviour stays exactly the same :?

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2020

So even if the bass track is nonexistent, the Drum Sequencer won’t switch patterns. Are you automatic the pattern select directly or using a Combinator rotary to do it? Also, it might be good if you could take a screenshot of the rack so maybe we could track down the issue.

Chizmata

11 Mar 2020

Timmy Crowne wrote:
11 Mar 2020
So even if the bass track is nonexistent, the Drum Sequencer won’t switch patterns. Are you automatic the pattern select directly or using a Combinator rotary to do it? Also, it might be good if you could take a screenshot of the rack so maybe we could track down the issue.
just edited this in above:

i fixed it by just deleting the automation clip and repainting the exact same thing. behaviour is normal now. still something RS should look into. thx for the answer.

Arjanders

12 Mar 2020

Chizmata wrote:
11 Mar 2020

edit 2: ok i fixed it by just deleting the automation clip and repainting the exact same thing. behaviour is normal now. still something RS should look into. i feel like this came from enlarging the clip by grabbing the left corner and dragging left. thx for the answers.
The issue with enlarging the clip on the left! I made an ticket for this (created 16 nov 2018).

• Information