Finger trouble - failing to record.....

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
wireless

10 Mar 2020

Any pointers please on how I'm failing to record my masterpiece!

I'm using the RND Generator & Randomizer from Lectric Panda in order to generate randomised Gate & Note signals. When the device is placed in the Rack, it automatically launches an instance of the ID8 as target instrument, but also has four separate randomizers and four separate Gate & Note outputs at the instrument rear.

I use Randomizer 1 to control an instance of the THORN Synth (plus it is automatically pre-wired to the ID8) and Randomizer 2 is used to control a Monotone Bass Synth. The front and Rear of the Rack is as shown.
Rack_Front.JPG
Rack_Front.JPG (133.44 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
Rack_Rear.JPG
Rack_Rear.JPG (95.05 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
If Run is clicked on the RND instrument, the desired sound of all three instruments running against the two Randomizer 'patches' is produced.
Looking at the Sequencer, it was noted that there is no track for the RND instrument.
Sequencer_blank.JPG
Sequencer_blank.JPG (48.71 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
If Record is selected, then the same sound is produced as on Run or Play on the Transport. On the Sequencer, a rolling red bar runs along the Synth instrument timeline, but this then disappears when the recording is halted - leaving nothing recorded on the Sequencer.

If the RND instrument is switched to 'Direct Record', then the effect is the same as above.

If the RND is switched to 'Send to Track', the Sequencer gets correctly copied a set of notes for the ID8 device and the RND gets set to 'BYPASS ALL' as expected, but neither of the other two instruments get notes on their track.

My expectation for either RECORD or SEND TO TRACK was that all three sound generating instruments would get notes recorded to their Sequencer track - the ID8 and the Synth notes would be the same as each other (Randomizer 1 output) and the Monotone Bass would have a different set of notes recorded (from Randomizer 2).

Can anyone see where I'm making my mistake? Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

Environment is Windows 10 Pro on version 1909.
Running Reason 11.2

rcbuse
RE Developer

18 Mar 2020

There isn't any way to 'record' the note/gate CV outputs of RND. The only way to record is to capture the audio. So what you are going to need to do is render the audio of those devices (DS Thorn and Monotone) with "Bounce Mixer Channels" or create empty clips on those instruments and "Bounce in Place"

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

18 Mar 2020

rcbuse wrote:
18 Mar 2020
There isn't any way to 'record' the note/gate CV outputs of RND.
Actually there is....

Feed the Note/Gate outs into any one of the Enlightenspeed Note Alter/Filter/Humanizer Players and set it to a non-reactive setting (Switch all note manipulating modes off basically), then switch on the Direct Record at the top of the Player Stack. Depending on exactly what you're doing you may need to use a Combi as a "dummy" to get the instrument track to record but it's always doable; well, I haven't found a scenario where it can't be done yet.

Cheers,
Brian

• Information