Help with combinator

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
kjlysen

10 Mar 2020

Hi all!

I've got a question about the combinator. I'm trying to make myself a .cmb patch that has two subtractors and an rpg-8 in it (routed through a line mixer). I get it all set up, it sounds swell, but the next time I open it it's silent. It's registering that I'm playing, but no sound comes out.

What am I missing? I'm still pretty new to Reason, so go easy on me, please!

Thanks,

KJ

wireless

10 Mar 2020

Not sure without all the fine detail, but something to check is how you power up Reason. I normally plug in my keyboard and check it has powered up before launching Reason.

Once you've done this, I suggest that you check that Reason has registered your keyboard by looking in 'Edit/Preferences/Control Surfaces' and see if your control surface has been recognised.

Another check is - with Reason launched and your patch opened, hit F4 and try playing with the virtual keyboard. After you've looked at both of these checks, you might have a better idea?

Good Luck
Bob

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Mar 2020

Make sure it's routed to a mix channel

Heigen5

10 Mar 2020

My guess is that something in your routings are external to cause this kind of a problem. So check that all the devices are inside the combi and all the routings are ok.

pushedbutton

10 Mar 2020

If you zip your .cmb file up you can upload it here so we can all have a good laugh at... I mean fix it for you.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Simone Lombardo

11 Mar 2020

You probably connected your devices to the wrong input of the combinator. The same thing happened to me months ago.
Senzanome.png
Senzanome.png (514.72 KiB) Viewed 1444 times

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2020

pushedbutton wrote:
10 Mar 2020
If you zip your .cmb file up you can upload it here so we can all have a good laugh at... I mean fix it for you.
Hahahahahaha. Oh you!!! :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information