VST Loading Problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sitejax

07 Mar 2020

I sometimes have a problem loading VSTs (mostly Waves products). When I click on the direct file with the problematic VST I most often get a popup error message saying that the VST is not loading and has been switched off.

I found a work around that works every time. I would launch an empty reason file and then from the File menu I would open the reason file that I really want. Then it loads without a problem.

I'm on Reason 10.4 and I know that it is no longer supported but my question is has this problem been resolved in Reason 11?

danc

07 Mar 2020

sitejax wrote:
07 Mar 2020
I sometimes have a problem loading VSTs (mostly Waves products). When I click on the direct file with the problematic VST I most often get a popup error message saying that the VST is not loading and has been switched off.

I found a work around that works every time. I would launch an empty reason file and then from the File menu I would open the reason file that I really want. Then it loads without a problem.

I'm on Reason 10.4 and I know that it is no longer supported but my question is has this problem been resolved in Reason 11?
I've had the same problem with Waves crashing on boot-up if Reason for a year or so. I have to go into the plugin manager, re-enable the crashed Waves shells and try again. After a few attempts it decides to work.

Odd odd odd.
Check my Soundcloud:

PhillipOrdonez

07 Mar 2020

I can't use waves plugins on Reason either. I just stopped trying. I use them in live instead.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2020

Waves 11 w Reason 10.4 on my Win 10 machine works fine. You should state OS and Waves version to get better help. Not knowing it is just tooo many unknown variables and people will probably respond less.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

danc

07 Mar 2020

Boombastix wrote:
07 Mar 2020
Waves 11 w Reason 10.4 on my Win 10 machine works fine. You should state OS and Waves version to get better help. Not knowing it is just tooo many unknown variables and people will probably respond less.
For me... Windows 10. Reason 11. Waves 11. Had same problem on older Reason and older Waves.

They crash nearly every time I turn on Reason.
Check my Soundcloud:

PhillipOrdonez

07 Mar 2020

danc wrote:
07 Mar 2020
Boombastix wrote:
07 Mar 2020
For me... Windows 10. Reason 11. Waves 11. Had same problem on older Reason and older Waves.

They crash nearly every time I turn on Reason.
Same here

Loque

07 Mar 2020

Waves sux IMO. I hope you didn't buy too much from them.
Reason12, Win10

sitejax

09 Mar 2020

For me... Windows 10. Reason 10.4. Waves 11.
What gets me are the deals that have on their Waves plugins but then the update plan is really expensive.

PSP Audio is having a sale on their plugins, which would allow me to move away from Waves.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2020

sitejax wrote:
09 Mar 2020
For me... Windows 10. Reason 10.4. Waves 11.
What gets me are the deals that have on their Waves plugins but then the update plan is really expensive.

PSP Audio is having a sale on their plugins, which would allow me to move away from Waves.
Hate Waves.
PSP have some Good ’uns. Scanner, Nexcellence and L’otary (Heeeeavy on CPU unfortunately).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information