Reason suite 11 doesn't go in time with external synth rack !!!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
realson

05 Mar 2020

Hi I have a problem with Reason, I don't know if I have already talked about it but it is very annoying and I don't understand why

I also use an external Synth The Korg Radias
with the version of Cubase 7.5 when I play and record the Korg Radias in midi, I have no latencies by setting "direct monitoring in Cubase preferences"

..I don't even set a high buffer. for example:

high buffer, register a classic round of kick drums (the kick drums of the external Radias) in 4 \ 4 activating the metronome, with cubase the kick drums (of the Radias) goes perfectly in time with the metronome. "direct monitoring activated"

now I would like to do the same with Reason suite 11
have added a new Rack replacing the previous one (the Midi out device)

with a high buffer, and by high I don't mean much, my kick drums (Radias) goes out of time, even starting from a 96 samples buffer that has a latency of:
6ms input
5ms out

I'm using a steinberg UR28m

Does Reason have the function of direct monitoring ???
the ur28m at hardware level does not have it
cubase at software level has it and it has no latency and we are talking about cubase 7.5 which is from 2013
compared to Reason suite 11 that of 2020 (but I didn't have the latency in live even with 2000 software)

I don't think I'm the only one to use external tools in Reason, since there is a "midi out device" device for this task.

it is unthinkable that in Reason suite 11 I would have to play with a project full of tracks with a buffer size of 32 samples (which the computer cannot do) to have an external instrument that even with a 32samples buffer size does not even go to a precise time .

I can compensate when I record with the audio quantization, but it is not the same thing, because the quntizzazione is not as expressive as the execution previously done, .. I also tried to manually move the created audio track, and the subsequent attacks do not always coincide with the project grid, I tried to compensate the recording of latency in the Reason options, but it is not precise (because the values ​​start from 1 and do not have the value 1.01) also in this case when I try to adjust the recording latency in based on the bpm of the project I don't have a precise alignment.

all this work and I don't understand why. even when I had the first basic sequencer 20 years ago I didn't have these problems.

they took off the rewire with the new Reason. :(

with this system it's true I'm going back to work inside the Reason sequencer that I loved initially since I started with him.

I have projects that I would like to end with Reason, and open the Reason Rack in Cubase, to end them with Cubase, bringing the midi from Reason to Cubase, and then associate the various Reason divice with the Reason Rack in Cubase, all this becomes stressful, because there is no Rewire anymore so I can no longer associate the instrument in the cubase midi channel, but now I have to open the Reason Rack for each midi channel to play the device, also I have to recreate all the patches of each instrument.
when before with the rewire I associated only the device (and in this case the device already had its patch created) now I have to save all the patches of all the instruments and insert them again in the rack of reason in cuabase! if I want to recreate the same problem ...... Why ?????????????????????????????? :shock:

also to make a comparison, I opened cubase, and Reason 11 together, but Reason with another audio device, (to use the asio drivers with cubase) and after a while I crashed the sound card, and it won't restart if I don't even restart the PC.

have this latency in mind Reason Studios ??????

it can't be a hardware question.
the UR28m and an i3 .. with a single track Reason cannot go out of time even with a buffer size at 64samples, where you clearly feel that it does not go in time creating a subtle phase shift that with the kick drums is fully perceived

in Cubase 7.5 with a project loaded at 2048samples the external Radias rack always goes in time with the project, that there is latency then in recording it is normal, but in time in direct execution it goes perfectly.

in Reason my external Radias doesn't go in time with the project. making me look for alternatives that only complicate my life.

Is there a way to solve this problem? :(

thanks for everything guys !!!!

bik44

05 Mar 2020

I use Reason with hardware and it works very well. Maybe you’re using some effect that add additional latency. Try turn off latency compensation in Reason while monitoring.

realson

05 Mar 2020

bik44 wrote:
05 Mar 2020
I use Reason with hardware and it works very well. Maybe you’re using some effect that add additional latency. Try turn off latency compensation in Reason while monitoring.
Thanks for the reply bik44

the problem occurs with no effect loaded (new project)
latency compensation is disabled (do you mean delay compensation? if yes, it's disabled)

now I don't remember well, I went from Reason 8.1 to Reason 11 suite
and if I am not mistaken in Reason 8.1 I had to open the midi out device first and then an audio channel, where in version 8.1 it does not seem to me that I had this disturbance of latency, perhaps in 8.1 I could disable direct monitoring, I don't remember well.

• Information