I hate REWARDS!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
danc

25 Feb 2020

Rewards have been discussed before on ReasonTalk... and they have annoyed lots of people as they aren't that rewarding... However, I have accumulated 78 points and decided today to try and claim them. I must be able to do something with that! You'd think, wouldn't you...on the Rewards page I was offered the following: "Get a £50 Reward Voucher for 50 Reward Points!" and also "Get a £25 Reward Voucher for 25 Reward Points!"

Ok, the cheapest RE on the Rewards list is £89. So... if I convert 75 of my points (50 + 25 vouchers), all I need to pay is £14. It turns out vouchers are handed out in clumps of £25 units (not £50 as stated on the Rewards page).

I've been caught out before with annoying T&Cs.... so I checked the Rewards page to see if I could use more than 1 voucher per transaction. I couldn't find anything about this restriction. I proceeded safe in the knowledge that I would have £75 vouchers to spend. I went for it. I converted 75 points for £75. I found an £89 RE I wanted and clicked BUY. I added my first of three vouchers.

But oh no... I wasn't allowed to add anymore vouchers.

I feel like I have been lied to - first of all, 50 Reward points doesn't give you a £50 Reward voucher. It gives you two £25 vouchers. Which isn't a problem because yes that adds up to £50, but as you can only spend one at a time you don't have a £50 voucher to spend. Seriously Reason Studios - if you want to set restrictions, which you have every right to do, PLEASE TELL US before we convert vouchers. Otherwise you annoy people.
Check my Soundcloud:

Loque

25 Feb 2020

Looks like you didn't read all the hate comments and now you added your own. Rewards is pretty useless. But tbh, i cannot remember a 25 voucher limit. Maybe you did something wrong or something changed.
Reason12, Win10

danc

25 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
25 Feb 2020
Looks like you didn't read all the hate comments and now you added your own. Rewards is pretty useless. But tbh, i cannot remember a 25 voucher limit. Maybe you did something wrong or something changed.
DAMN - I found it... deep in their T&Cs...
Under 4.3 - One Voucher only can be used per transaction.

Please update your website Reason Studios and make it really clear that the MAXIMUM DISCOUNT you will get is 25. This will stop idiots like me converting 75 and then realising you can't use them unless you spend a minimum of ... wait for it... £267!!! Wow... amazing reward Reason Studios.

Be aware - there is NO link to these T&Cs on the Rewards page... you have to navigate around their site and find them....

4. Using Reward Points

4.1. Members can exchange their Reward Points for monetary discount vouchers (“Vouchers”) via the Program’s web portal on Reason Studios’s website.

4.2. Members need to gain a certain amount of Reward Points before being entitled to exchange Reward Points for Vouchers, as set out in Appendix A.

4.3. Vouchers issued within the Program can be used as full or partial payments for purchases in the Reward Store section of the Reason Studios Shop only. Thus, Vouchers have no cash value. One Voucher only can be used per transaction.

4.4. You can use your Reward Points as soon as you have a sufficient amount of valid points and during a period of 12 months from when they were earned. After this deadline, the Reward Points become null and void. This means that Reward Points must be exchanged to Vouchers before the expiration of that period.

4.5. Vouchers are valid and can be used in the Reward Store during a period of sixty days from the date they were issued (“Issuance date”). This means that Vouchers become null and void and cannot be used in the Reward Store when more than sixty days have passed from Issuance date.

4.6. We reserve the right to determine if you earn Reward Points or not for products and services offered by us. The conditions under which you earn Reward Points are available on Reason Studios’s website.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2020

If you pushed the €50 voucher button you should have gotten a €50 voucher code. Otherwise they would only have a €25 button. Either you did something wrong, there’s something wrong with their server or they’ve changed things since i heard last.

You can however, as you say, only use one voucher per purchase.
Last edited by MrFigg on 25 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

25 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2020
If you pushed the €50 voucher button you should have gotten a €50 voucher code. Otherwise they would only have a €25 button. Either you did something wrong, there’s something wrong with their server or they’ve changed things since i heard last.
Not sure what it was like in the past... but today it didn't give me 1 voucher.

I pushed £50 voucher button. And was given two £25 vouchers.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
25 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2020

I’d open a ticket. Tell them your voucher numbers and what happened. They’ll more than likely just cancel your two 25s and issue you with a 50 code.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

25 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2020
danc wrote:
25 Feb 2020

I’d open a ticket. Tell them your voucher numbers and what happened. They’ll more than likely just cancel your two 25s and issue you with a 50 code.
Thanks - I have already opened a ticket as you advised. Will now wait a week for Reason Studios to open up my ticket and read it.
Check my Soundcloud:

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
25 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
25 Feb 2020

Thanks - I have already opened a ticket as you advised. Will now wait a week for Reason Studios to open up my ticket and read it.
I usually get a response in 1-2 days.

kuhliloach

25 Feb 2020

The way this company conducts business has always been at the top of my frustrations list with Reason.

Faastwalker

25 Feb 2020

I'd like Rewards ...... if there was something I wanted to use them on! Still only 27 items in the Rewards section since the scheme launched. I've already bought all the things I want. Would be a really nice 'reward' if we could use our Rewards on the Reason upgrade :thumbs_up:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2020

Faastwalker wrote:
25 Feb 2020
I'd like Rewards ...... if there was something I wanted to use them on! Still only 27 items in the Rewards section since the scheme launched. I've already bought all the things I want. Would be a really nice 'reward' if we could use our Rewards on the Reason upgrade :thumbs_up:
I was so disillusioned with Rewards that I cashed in a €25 just to see what would happen. Never used it. Still got 68 points on my account.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xboix

25 Feb 2020

Don't think of them as "rewards". Think of them as "piss-taking insults".
Then put them back in their box, ignore them forever more and think a little less of the purveyors of said "rewards".
It's not their finest hour.

Yonatan

25 Feb 2020

Faastwalker

25 Feb 2020

......... Actually, would be nice if Reason Studios put all of their own RE's / Players / Refills in there ;)

guitfnky

25 Feb 2020

the amount of entitlement among some of us is baffling. we paid for the products we wanted because we wanted to use those products. who here has bought something from RS so they could get rewards points? then after we’ve got the software we want to use, for the price we agreed to pay, they give us a way to get some other products for a little bit of a discount, and we hate what they’re doing? we honestly think they’re a shady company for doing something they didn’t have to do at all?

it’s like racking up loyalty points at your local grocery store and as part of their program they offer a $1 off your choice of eggs, beef, or ice cream. not everyone wants eggs, or beef, or ice cream, but could you imagine hearing someone indignantly blame the store for the fact that they aren’t allowed to use their $1 off on the beer they want to buy instead? or that they didn’t use their coupons soon enough because they couldn’t be bothered to read the fine print?

the argument amounts to: if I (or everyone) don’t want to benefit from it, no one should.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

danc

25 Feb 2020

guitfnky wrote:
25 Feb 2020
the amount of entitlement among some of us is baffling. we paid for the products we wanted because we wanted to use those products. who here has bought something from RS so they could get rewards points? then after we’ve got the software we want to use, for the price we agreed to pay, they give us a way to get some other products for a little bit of a discount, and we hate what they’re doing? we honestly think they’re a shady company for doing something they didn’t have to do at all?

it’s like racking up loyalty points at your local grocery store and as part of their program they offer a $1 off your choice of eggs, beef, or ice cream. not everyone wants eggs, or beef, or ice cream, but could you imagine hearing someone indignantly blame the store for the fact that they aren’t allowed to use their $1 off on the beer they want to buy instead? or that they didn’t use their coupons soon enough because they couldn’t be bothered to read the fine print?

the argument amounts to: if I (or everyone) don’t want to benefit from it, no one should.
I think my point relates to poor communication on how rewards work. Everyone can continue as they want and use rewards.... I just ask Reason Studios to be clearer so that people like me don't waste £75 vouchers when only £25 can be used.
Check my Soundcloud:

guitfnky

25 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
25 Feb 2020
guitfnky wrote:
25 Feb 2020

I think my point relates to poor communication on how rewards work. Everyone can continue as they want and use rewards.... I just ask Reason Studios to be clearer so that people like me don't waste £75 vouchers when only £25 can be used.
fair enough. I agree they could’ve done a better job of communicating how the program works. taking issue with their communication makes more sense and is less irritating (to me, at least) than those who have acted like they were owed discounts on the devices they wanted.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2020

IF they were smart they could make $25 refills that are exclusive to the Reward shop. Small cost to hire a few people doing that, but many users will be happy to get something for their points. Only problem, I'm not the one running the company, lol.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Yonatan

26 Feb 2020

Their subscription on REs makes sense and are well thought out to be a win-win. Their Reward system is really bad implemented. Objectively so. Hate is a strong word, but frustration more proper. And if something is so nonsense that it frustrates 80% of the users, it might be an idea to either get rid of it totally, or make it a win-win to some extent. 50% voucher is fair enough if there only could be any decent RE to choose from I almost have them all and have no interest in those I do not have.
A 25% voucher with those extra salted standard full prices is no way a good deal. Just wait for next sale.
Bring in a few different options and every one would be so much happier and buy more stuff even at higher prices as at least they can use their reward points. When something end up in cheap bundle, you at least got your points and can use them on a Reason upgrade, on subscription, or some of the many devices by RS themselves. Or combine with Rent-to-own to make that a bit more appealing too. In the end, more people will feel content and thus lead to overall more spending and revenue. Just do it.

ShelLuser

26 Feb 2020

I think the reward system is actually quite nice. I bought pretty heavily into Reason 10 last year (I pretty much own all Prop RE's) which also landed me quite a few reward points which I then put to good use to grab some extra's with a solid discount. As another poster above me I really fail to understand where the dislike comes from.

Also because it's actually quite a fair setup too IMO... the points remain, but as soon as you trade them in for a discount coupon then that coupon will have an expiration date. Seems fair to me.

Not quite sure what I got from my discount but I think I used 2x $50 on the rigs; synth + mix & mastering rigs, I love those two. A very well put together selection of instruments & effects IMO, it actually got me into contact with 3rd party stuff (before that I limited myself to Prop RE's only).
--- :reason:

Yonatan

26 Feb 2020

"Not quite sure what I got from my discount but I think I used 2x $50 on the rigs; synth + mix & mastering rigs, I love those two. A very well put together selection of instruments & effects IMO, it actually got me into contact with 3rd party stuff (before that I limited myself to Prop RE's only)."

Can´t recall that the rigs have been in the Reward section. But they have been on sale a few times. Good that you found use of the vouchers.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
26 Feb 2020
"Not quite sure what I got from my discount but I think I used 2x $50 on the rigs; synth + mix & mastering rigs, I love those two. A very well put together selection of instruments & effects IMO, it actually got me into contact with 3rd party stuff (before that I limited myself to Prop RE's only)."

Can´t recall that the rigs have been in the Reward section.
They haven't.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

26 Feb 2020

ShelLuser wrote:
26 Feb 2020
I think the reward system is actually quite nice. I bought pretty heavily into Reason 10 last year (I pretty much own all Prop RE's) which also landed me quite a few reward points which I then put to good use to grab some extra's with a solid discount. As another poster above me I really fail to understand where the dislike comes from.

Also because it's actually quite a fair setup too IMO... the points remain, but as soon as you trade them in for a discount coupon then that coupon will have an expiration date. Seems fair to me.

Not quite sure what I got from my discount but I think I used 2x $50 on the rigs; synth + mix & mastering rigs, I love those two. A very well put together selection of instruments & effects IMO, it actually got me into contact with 3rd party stuff (before that I limited myself to Prop RE's only).
The points do not remsin forever and if a Reward RE goes on sale, you cannot use the Rewards to buy. Its only good uf xiu want something and cannot wait for a sale.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Feb 2020

Look folks...if you missed the whole Rewards debate when they first came out then here's a link. Everything and anything you may write or think pertaining to Rewards has almost definitely been said here already. Pages and pages. You're welcome

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7507869&hilit=rewards
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

plaamook

26 Feb 2020

This is exactly why I ignore every form of 'reward' system anywhere.
Somehow every time I've tried to use them I'm faced with some reason why I can't.
Which is fine because generally I would have bought the pligin/coffee/pasty/ what have you, but there's just this added layer of unnecessary irritation. Which I got rid of by ignoring it all.
Happy plaamook!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information