How Many Staff Are There At Reason Studios?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2020

buddard wrote:
24 Feb 2020
Moral of the story: The size of your staff doesn't matter, it's what you do with it that counts.
With a small number of folk on your staff it can get pretty hard.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mike B

01 Oct 2020

Reason is a solid, stable workstation in its current state.

But I highly doubt they can keep up with the modern DAWs at this pace. I witnessed people being banned from the forum or got their posts blocked only by stating that Reason's update schedule is relatively slow.

Now of course I wouldn't go as far as saying that Reason's update schedule is slow since they pretty much update their DAW every 2 years at the latest.

But given the fact that Reason as a DAW has many standard DAW functionalities missing, I do believe that their update schedule should be more active since they are pretty much behind the curve compared to, say Logic/Cubase/Ableton, DAWs that release updates with a schedule similar to Reason (every 2/3 years max).

People have been saying less instruments more functionalities for Reason. I agree with that statement.

jlgrimes

03 Oct 2020

Mike B wrote:
01 Oct 2020

But I highly doubt they can keep up with the modern DAWs at this pace. I witnessed people being banned from the forum or got their posts blocked only by stating that Reason's update schedule is relatively slow.

Now of course I wouldn't go as far as saying that Reason's update schedule is slow since they pretty much update their DAW every 2 years at the latest.

But given the fact that Reason as a DAW has many standard DAW functionalities missing, I do believe that their update schedule should be more active since they are pretty much behind the curve compared to, say Logic/Cubase/Ableton, DAWs that release updates with a schedule similar to Reason (every 2/3 years max).

People have been saying less instruments more functionalities for Reason. I agree with that statement.

Reason somewhat created an issue with 11 by creating a VST. They now have to satisfy a new batch of users who will probably want either more instruments or better integration in other DAWs.

I do agree that their major releases need to be more "major". Reason has a pretty wide ranging user base who use the DAW for very different Reasons and it will be hard satisfying all of them, but I would be happier with a slower update schedule but much bigger updates.

They have done a couple of major releases with very few new features. Very few DAWs have major releases that small (Reaper is an exception but the Minor releases are insane and Reaper is probably one DAW I think has too many features).

stratatonic

03 Oct 2020

MrFigg wrote:
01 Oct 2020
buddard wrote:
24 Feb 2020
Moral of the story: The size of your staff doesn't matter, it's what you do with it that counts.
With a small number of folk on your staff it can get pretty hard.
Seems like there's been more playing around, than deep penetrating focused work...

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2020

Mike B wrote:
01 Oct 2020

A more regular upgrade schedule won't suddenly increase their work rate. It also means people need to pay for upgrades more regularly.

Given Reason has had 11 releases in 19 years, that averages one version roughly every 18 months (1.5 years).

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2020

jlgrimes wrote:
29 Sep 2020
miscend wrote:
24 Feb 2020

I thought Presonus would be larger than that. Software is a small part of their business. They mainly make speakers, mixing consoles and outboard gear.
I wonder if that's just the software portion.

Presonus is probably the biggest company I would think (unless they use alot of contractors. I wonder if this list accounts for that).
You'll have testers and sound designers (maybe even musicians) included in that staff count, which will differ greatly between a company like NI that and Reason Studios.

Accounting might also come into the picture. Do they own their building? Have in-house cleaners, book keepers, and business administrators?

512 is a pretty 1337 number of staff though.

miscend

08 Oct 2020

Reason is more stable and less buggy than those DAWs that have a more frequent update schedule or more features. It's a balance. Personally I value rock solid stability over everything else.

• Information