Players - a simple suggestion and a more complicated one

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
xboix

21 Feb 2020

With the latest update I love being able to drag a player into the rack without adding an instrument first. It automatically adds an ID8 device set to piano, which is probably not what you want in most circumstances. A nice little tweak would be for it to add a "player appropriate" instrument. So a drum instrument for drum sequencer and beat map and maybe a simple poly synth saw for the others.

And that thought led me to wonder how easy it would be to have a "random template generator". Click a button and it would generate 2 or 3 tracks with players driving bass and drums, plus maybe a lead or pad, each with a randomly selected patch. It would be a very quick way to generate an interesting starting point. It could stick to stock devices or it could really throw caution to the wind and randomly choose from all the REs or even VSTs. Obviously this might result in a horrible combination but equally it might result in something you would never have thought to try.

chimp_spanner

21 Feb 2020

I thought the same about players being context aware! If I drag in a Beatmap and the. Have to replace the ID8 with a drum machine, that’s no quicker than making the drum machine first and adding the player second like we used to. So good shout! :)

DJMaytag

21 Feb 2020

How about a menu/option for setting default devices for all the Players in your system?

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2020

DJMaytag wrote:
21 Feb 2020
How about a menu/option for setting default devices for all the Players in your system?
Yep, default loaded patch, and default patch folder for each device would be nice.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information