Reason 11.2 is here!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stp2015

20 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
20 Feb 2020
stp2015 wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Interesting mix between HD and pixelated graphics on beat maker RE
My face was 1 inch away from my monitor and I still can't really notice the pixels.
LEDs are old (pixelated), rest seems new (HD). But this is just the product image from the shop, not the actual device.

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

stp2015 wrote:
20 Feb 2020
aeox wrote:
20 Feb 2020

My face was 1 inch away from my monitor and I still can't really notice the pixels.
LEDs are old (pixelated), rest seems new (HD). But this is just the product image from the shop, not the actual device.
It's the same in Reason too. Maybe it saves CPU :D I just can't see it normally unless I zoom in on the image

Zac

20 Feb 2020

A quick question; does the new midi out device in standalone allow the midi out from sequencing VSTs to be utilised now without going outside of the Reason DAW?

Jagwah

20 Feb 2020

The new Beat Map Player is described as being designed by Reason Studios, and developed by Robotic Bean... so that means RS outsourced the coding work to RB if I understand correctly, which I think is pretty cool. I wonder if RB hangs out in RS studios... or maybe they do stuff over the phone, or maybe Facebook Messenger? Hmmm...

orthodox wrote:
20 Feb 2020
WillyOD wrote:
20 Feb 2020
It's funny to see Ryan/Props use other DAWs in their video and Reason as a plugin. I guess.... that is the future :(
Why? It was just the feature they described, which makes sense for the Plugin mostly.
I don't think I saw the Reason sequencer at all, it made me a bit worried / sad / confused. The new Player has CV on the back so that's encouraging.

It's very nice to see RS are hard at work bringing out a bunch of new things, the more of that they do the closer we all get to getting our feature wishes fulfilled

Mataya

20 Feb 2020

Zac wrote:
20 Feb 2020
A quick question; does the new midi out device in standalone allow the midi out from sequencing VSTs to be utilised now without going outside of the Reason DAW?
+1

tx

chimp_spanner

20 Feb 2020

This is the kind of stuff I've found BM useful for.

4 NN-XTs, 88 kicks, snares, hats and perc loaded into each set to "alt" and connected by gate in from BM.

And then the Drum SEQ on the Jackbox 808 providing some constant (and a little probability based) element.

I like the results I get from BM as they make sense from a drumming perspective. I've done similar things before with Matrix but the results really are random. Sometimes that's good. But sometimes it's nice having those elements roughly where you'd expect them to be within a phrase.

Jackjackdaw

20 Feb 2020

Anyone know if the 30 day trials are reset?

cursors

20 Feb 2020

I've been messing around with Beat Map/Drum Sequencer in Ableton using a Roland TR-8 and an Electribe ER-1 and I think I'm addicted to it. If you're interested in Jungle or drum and bass it's fantastic. :twisted:
Last edited by cursors on 20 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

Ochen K PDT2 x 2 plus Euclid?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moggadeet

20 Feb 2020

Karim wrote:
20 Feb 2020
fretshot7 wrote:
20 Feb 2020
gotta say im not tempted to upgrade from v10 :shock:
neither do I :cry:
Same here: in the v10 cycle the Reason DAW users (like me) got plenty of new instruments, efficiency and workflow improvements. Hopefully there will be another development cycle focused on the DAW users again.

Periwinkle

20 Feb 2020

Maybe some people to learn to differentiate between fact and opinion. The Reason Rack Plugin is not a fantastic idea, it is only a fantastic idea in their opinion. For example, if you purchased Reason as your primary DAW, or if you've invested all your money in Reason and can't afford a second DAW, you may not agree that prioritising the Reason Plugin over sequencer functionality is "a fantastic idea."

Also, if the Reason Rack Plugin becomes the primary revenue stream for RS, this could lead to the demise of Reason as a whole. After all, how many people will be prepared to pay regular (£100+) update payments for what is essentially just another VST? This is likely to be exacerbated by the fact that Reason's original user base will have already have been exposed to a variety of other VSTs through Reason itself and now its host DAW.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

dusan.cani

20 Feb 2020

Edin_16 wrote:
20 Feb 2020

-> I think Its not about posting less or more, it is about listening, answering and communicating in a clear, direct and non-mysterious way.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Crumbfort

20 Feb 2020

Thanks for the great update, Reason Studios!

MIDI out mostly seems to be working from the VST3 in Reaper (v6). Note/Pitch out are working great, but I can't seem to get the "CV in to MIDI CC out" to actually output MIDI CC's.

Anyone else experiencing this or am I missing something really obvious?
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

stekme

20 Feb 2020

Cool features.
Beat Map Eurorack remind me module by Mutable Instruments - GRIDS (or his father - Mutable Anushri drum section), that based on BD/SD/HH/CYC Maps.
Last edited by stekme on 20 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

dusan.cani

20 Feb 2020

So that sexy orange External MIDI out device from R10 has gone ? Pitchbend and Modwheel are dropped ? This is not good. I used PB and MW to control some HW synths. Now I am forced to always wrap MIDI out device with combinator. This is not going ahead for good user experience. It seems I will stay with R10 as long as possible (until the major sequencer and browser flaws are not fixed).

stekme

20 Feb 2020

Does new MIDI Out not have hidden control of PB/MW? Not already try 11.2
Last edited by stekme on 20 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Jackjackdaw

20 Feb 2020

Periwinkle wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Maybe some people to learn to differentiate between fact and opinion. The Reason Rack Plugin is not a fantastic idea, it is only a fantastic idea in their opinion. For example, if you purchased Reason as your primary DAW, or if you've invested all your money in Reason and can't afford a second DAW, you may not agree that prioritising the Reason Plugin over sequencer functionality is "a fantastic idea."

Also, if the Reason Rack Plugin becomes the primary revenue stream for RS, this could lead to the demise of Reason as a whole. After all, how many people will be prepared to pay regular (£100+) update payments for what is essentially just another VST? This is likely to be exacerbated by the fact that Reason's original user base will have already have been exposed to a variety of other VSTs through Reason itself and now its host DAW.
And what about all those VHS video collections! All those investments in the format! VHS owners have been left out in the cold for too damn long. DVDs are only a good idea in like, someone else's opinion, that doesn't make them a good idea. :twisted:

Jackjackdaw

20 Feb 2020

stekme wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Cool features.
Beat Map Eurorack remind me module by Mutable Instruments - GRIDS (or his father - Mutable Anushri drum section), that based on BD/SD/HH/CYC Maps.
Made me think of grids as well!

buddard
RE Developer

20 Feb 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
20 Feb 2020
So that sexy orange External MIDI out device from R10 has gone ? Pitchbend and Modwheel are dropped ? This is not good. I used PB and MW to control some HW synths. Now I am forced to always wrap MIDI out device with combinator. This is not going ahead for good user experience. It seems I will stay with R10 as long as possible (until the major sequencer and browser flaws are not fixed).
The new standalone MIDI device still has PB and MW:

It's just the Rack Plugin version that doesn't:

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

For me personally this is a massive update as I moved to another daw and paid for 11 to keep my re's due to not being sure of what the future holds for reason as a standalone daw. Before now it was great to have the rack but felt so much was missing without being able to use players and dr octorex. I can totally understand people that solely use reason are a bit underwhelmed though (although some plugins that crashed in reason now work which will be an improvement for some). One thing I do feel though is unless there are some amazing new products I cannot think why I would upgrade again with not using reason as my primary daw anymore.

drno
RE Developer

20 Feb 2020

buddard wrote:
20 Feb 2020
dusan.cani wrote:
20 Feb 2020

It's just the Rack Plugin version that doesn't:

It's a shame not to have implemented the midi bank change!

PhillipOrdonez

20 Feb 2020

Beat map is effin dope!

Everything in this release is very welcome! Looking forward to following point updates already! 🕺🤓🥳

DS_Joost

20 Feb 2020

Look okay just to be really honest here the constant whining about the demise of Reason and the fact that REASON STUDIOS ARE THE LITERAL DEVIL AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE USER AND THIS WILL BE THEIR DEMISE AND I WILL NOT UPGRADE MY REASON 10 EVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY DO EXACTLY AS I SAY OTHERWISE I WISH NO ONE TO HAVE ANY FUN WHATSOEVER IN THIS PROGRAM AND I WILL CONTINUE TO BASH MY IDEAS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY LISTEN is getting really, really old. We get the point. Okay, here me say it again: we get the point. No, really, we. get. the. point. Now can we please for once in our lifetimes discuss what is actually there instead of what isn't? Can we please, please talk about Reason without every other mention of it devolving into it's inevitable demise and how other DAWs have xyz feature for twenty years and how you are definitely never ever gonna upgrade ever again? Please. For the love of all that is holy. Go out, make some music. It's fun.

Oh, and in case I wasn't clear enough:

WE. GET. THE. POINT.

Electric-Metal

20 Feb 2020

DS_Joost wrote:
20 Feb 2020
REASON STUDIOS ARE THE LITERAL DEVIL AND THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE USER AND THIS WILL BE THEIR DEMISE AND I WILL NOT UPGRADE MY REASON 10 EVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY DO EXACTLY AS I SAY OTHERWISE I WISH NO ONE TO HAVE ANY FUN WHATSOEVER IN THIS PROGRAM AND I WILL CONTINUE TO BASH MY IDEAS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN UNTIL THEY LISTEN
This pretty much sums it up. Thank you
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

dusan.cani

20 Feb 2020

buddard wrote:
20 Feb 2020

OK, that's good :puf_bigsmile:

Are there multiple CC parameters ?

I can see buttons for selecting a pairs of CC buttons, is it for this purpose ? So can I have up to 8 CC out controls for HW ? Is there possibility to name the particular CC, for example "Cutoff" instead of "CC1".

• Information