Reason 11.2 is here!

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Yonatan

Post 03 Jun 2020

It is nice that Reason 11 means you also get a Rack Plugin together with standalone DAW.

But I think that RS needs to become clearer in what is doing what.
For instance, on first web page it says "Plug in Reason".
And on main shop page, it says "Reason 11 - now supports VST3/AU/AAX"

It can be confusing if that is Reason DAW. We know it isnt and that it is only the Rack Plugin.

For a fresh eye, it wont be obvious what is what.

Even on this forum, confusion sets in quite often about midi out support etc. As well as on facebook comments.

EnochLight

Post 03 Jun 2020

Yonatan wrote:
03 Jun 2020

It can be confusing if that is Reason DAW.
Can you post a link and screenshot of where it says "Reason 11 - now supports VST3/AU/AAX"? I only see that in clear reference to the Reason Rack Plugin, not the DAW.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

hurricane

Post 03 Jun 2020

For a sec there I thought I could finally use Halion in Reason. Even you might think this could be slightly misleading.

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/

r11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

EnochLight

Post 03 Jun 2020

hurricane wrote:
03 Jun 2020
For a sec there I thought I could finally use Halion in Reason. Even you might think this could be slightly misleading.

r11.png
Yeah that's fucked up. That landing page clearly could suggest the standalone DAW supports VST3 hosting, which certainly isn't the case.
Win 10 | Reason 11 |  Studio One 4.5 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | Reactor 1TB SSD | RME Babyface Pro | Nektar Panorama P-4 | Akai MPC Live | Roland System 8 and System 1 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland VT-4 | Roland MX-1

Carly(Poohbear)

Post 03 Jun 2020

hurricane wrote:
03 Jun 2020

r11.png
I don't see that either like EnochLight..

Are you browsing on a Phone?

either way what you have posted I totally agree is misleading..

This is what I see and this is quite clear...
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

guitfnky

Post 03 Jun 2020

EnochLight wrote:
03 Jun 2020
Yonatan wrote:
03 Jun 2020

It can be confusing if that is Reason DAW.
Can you post a link and screenshot of where it says "Reason 11 - now supports VST3/AU/AAX"? I only see that in clear reference to the Reason Rack Plugin, not the DAW.
you may have to log out, if you stay logged into the RS site. I just tried the link and it didn't look like the screenshot until I logged out.

hurricane

Post 03 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
03 Jun 2020
EnochLight wrote:
03 Jun 2020

you may have to log out, if you stay logged into the RS site. I just tried the link and it didn't look like the screenshot until I logged out.
Right - I'm on my desktop, not logged in.
https://soundcloud.com/hurricane-music | https://soundcloud.com/hurricaneaudiolab
Mac mini | Logic Pro X | Reason 10.4 | DX7 | DX7s | TX7 | CZ-1 | JP-8080 | Virus Classic | Roland XP-80/XP-30/RD-700/D2/TR-09 | microKorg I 03R/W | SL990 PRO

EnochLight

Post 03 Jun 2020

That’s the ticket - I was logged in to my account while viewing that.

Yonatan

Post 04 Jun 2020

Yes, in my case, I did scroll my mobile phone. Good if RS makes an edit so that it do not get anyone thinking all those formats are supported by R11 standalone. I would hope that changes soon, that we get VST3 support (and even AU2).

jlgrimes

Post 04 Jun 2020

Yonatan wrote:
03 Jun 2020
It is nice that Reason 11 means you also get a Rack Plugin together with standalone DAW.

It can be confusing if that is Reason DAW. We know it isnt and that it is only the Rack Plugin.

Even on this forum, confusion sets in quite often about midi out support etc. As well as on facebook comments.
I feel though the Plug-in should still be a host of VSTs to better integrate them in the Players, (Combinators, Reason's own internal effects) and what not. Plenty of other VST hosts are able to do this (Komplete, Maschine, Akai VIP).

DaveyG

Post 04 Jun 2020

jlgrimes wrote:
04 Jun 2020
Yonatan wrote:
03 Jun 2020

I feel though the Plug-in should still be a host of VSTs to better integrate them in the Players, (Combinators, Reason's own internal effects) and what not. Plenty of other VST hosts are able to do this (Komplete, Maschine, Akai VIP).
Yeah, the plugin definitely needs to host VSTs but I can't see it happening any day soon.

I also think if the players were available as individual VSTs they would sell like hotcakes, especially if the price was pitched at the Scaler and Cthulhu price point. But I can't see that happening either. Anyone remember that Del Amitri hit from the late 80's? It could be the RS theme tune. :lol:

• Information