Reason 11.2 is here!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
20 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
20 Feb 2020

Stay strong man. You know what I mean.
haha v11 is far more attractive with a cool new player in there. I ain't ever gonna learn another daw, so its a couple of new effect devices, the new player, and a few sequencer bits n bobs. Am I missing anything else?
GAS man. Don’t succumb. You know it yourself. :). But hey...I’ve completed the 12 step program. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

20 Feb 2020

Ermitage wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Will BeatMap also be included in version 12 (standard and suite)?
If there is a Reason 12, yes absolutely. Beat Map is built-in to Reason—just like Radical Piano or Grain.

VariableX

20 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Feb 2020
fretshot7 wrote:
20 Feb 2020

haha v11 is far more attractive with a cool new player in there. I ain't ever gonna learn another daw, so its a couple of new effect devices, the new player, and a few sequencer bits n bobs. Am I missing anything else?
GAS man. Don’t succumb. You know it yourself. :). But hey...I’ve completed the 12 step program. :)
12 step program as in you're on V12 - lol now my GAS is gonna pop!

EdGrip

20 Feb 2020

orthodox wrote:
20 Feb 2020
A nice set of features! It will make whiners shut up for at least a month.
Ermitage wrote:
20 Feb 2020

exxx

20 Feb 2020

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

exxx wrote:
20 Feb 2020
:lol: :lol: :lol:
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

20 Feb 2020

Brilliant! Thanks Reason studios! ❤️

EdGrip

20 Feb 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
20 Feb 2020
If there is a Reason 12,
gasp!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

20 Feb 2020

EdGrip wrote:
20 Feb 2020
MattiasHG wrote:
20 Feb 2020
If there is a Reason 12,
gasp!
Hahaha, sometimes I really think I should post less and not more—anything can be interpreted as controversial! :lol:

EdGrip

20 Feb 2020

I'm only joking! :)

*ALTHOUGH you know at least 7 forum members just died.

VariableX

20 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
20 Feb 2020
exxx wrote:
20 Feb 2020
:lol: :lol: :lol:
haha ok GAS is shrinking a little...
maybe behind the player facade is just some of robotic beans Euclid rhythm generators? ( this is me actively trying to shrink my GAS ) I could probably make the player myself with there devices anyway 😀

Reminiscence

20 Feb 2020

Yay thanks Reason Studios! :ugeek:

Eski

20 Feb 2020

I'm wondering if the XY window curser in beat map can be mapped to an external XY controller pad ?

marcuswitt

20 Feb 2020

• MIDI Out device = very helpful
    Beat Map = neat and inspiring, especially when used on 'melodic' instruments instead of applying it on Drum devices
Thanks for that free update!

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Ermitage wrote:
20 Feb 2020
If there is a Reason 12
Don't say that, i died inside a little bit

chimp_spanner

20 Feb 2020

Eski wrote:
20 Feb 2020
I'm wondering if the XY window curser in beat map can be mapped to an external XY controller pad ?
Well the X and Y axis are remoteable! So I'd guess the answer is yes? Also map selection is automatable too which I just found out. Don't know if it can be tied to a controller but still pretty nifty.

guitfnky

20 Feb 2020

people wonder why we're concerned they'll focus more on the Reason rack plugin than on the DAW, I present to you, exhibit A:
New MIDI Out Device in Reason Rack Plugin, you can now send MIDI notes and MIDI CC to your host.
sigh.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Periwinkle

20 Feb 2020

It's quite interesting that having spent several hundred pounds on software and upgrades that asking for a serviceable sequencer, a usable interface and many of the other basic functions, which are already part of several cheaper (or even free) DAWs, is considered whining.

Of course, we always have the choice to vote with our wallets but isn't it a better idea to encourage RS to move Reason in a direction that makes it more usable?

It's great that some of you produce music or work in a way that requires lower functionality from a DAW, but maybe that doesn't apply to all of us. Just because your requirements are low, I don't think that it's fair to criticise people who want to express a different opinion.

After all, isn't that partly what forums are for?

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

DS_Joost

20 Feb 2020

I don't get the whining, at all. The Reason Rack Plugin was a fantastic idea, bringing back the original idea of what Reason began as: a modular instrument rack. It's so much more usable now than it ever was as a rewire device. When I heard the news of Reason becoming a plugin, I was overjoyed. I always wanted to move completely to Cubase, since I do my film music work in there, but for electronic music, my other love, I always dreaded doing that in Cubase because I was so used to using certain devices in Reason. Never have I found a good alternative for the workflow that Reason provides: Kong, all the Players, all the LFO devices, CV routing to control other devices... the list goes on and on. In Cubase, this was just unwieldy and frankly, never fun. Now, I can finally take both my workflows to Cubase without losing what I love about Reason so much. It's a best of both worlds thing, and I am very grateful for Reason Studios to provide this.

The MIDI and CV out updates do not only add functionality to the Rack, with the Rack becoming what it always had to be; a truly modular playground. It adds functionality to whatever DAW you use it in. I have never loved Reason more than I have now, and Reason Studios have made sure that I will be a returning costumer for a long, long time. Some of you might not realize it, but with these additions the Rack plugin adds what has always been a massive chore in other DAWs; modularity. The sending out CV as CC is brilliant and a totally new way to produce electronic music inside other DAWs, as is recording the output of players from the track, drop midi from Rex. Do you guys realize what an absolutely fantastic time it is for us musicians?

So, thank you, Reason Studios. I love you guys! :reason: :clap: :thumbs_up:

gullum

20 Feb 2020

Always grate to get new stuff the Beat map should come in handy sometime to get a basic beat then activate direct record and make edits to there .

stp2015

20 Feb 2020

Interesting mix between HD and pixelated graphics on beat maker RE
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.38.56 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 7.38.56 AM.png (694.15 KiB) Viewed 17742 times

Karim
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
20 Feb 2020
gotta say im not tempted to upgrade from v10 :shock:
neither do I :cry:
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

stp2015 wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Interesting mix between HD and pixelated graphics on beat maker RE
My face was 1 inch away from my monitor and I still can't really notice the pixels.

buddard
RE Developer

20 Feb 2020

fretshot7 wrote:
20 Feb 2020
maybe behind the player facade is just some of robotic beans Euclid rhythm generators? ( this is me actively trying to shrink my GAS ) I could probably make the player myself with there devices anyway 😀
Haha, nope! :lol:

The Euclidean algorithm does play a small part in the Density function, but that's all.

guitfnky

20 Feb 2020

DS_Joost wrote:
20 Feb 2020
I don't get the whining, at all. The Reason Rack Plugin was a fantastic idea, bringing back the original idea of what Reason began as: a modular instrument rack. It's so much more usable now than it ever was as a rewire device. When I heard the news of Reason becoming a plugin, I was overjoyed. I always wanted to move completely to Cubase, since I do my film music work in there, but for electronic music, my other love, I always dreaded doing that in Cubase because I was so used to using certain devices in Reason. Never have I found a good alternative for the workflow that Reason provides: Kong, all the Players, all the LFO devices, CV routing to control other devices... the list goes on and on. In Cubase, this was just unwieldy and frankly, never fun. Now, I can finally take both my workflows to Cubase without losing what I love about Reason so much. It's a best of both worlds thing, and I am very grateful for Reason Studios to provide this.

The MIDI and CV out updates do not only add functionality to the Rack, with the Rack becoming what it always had to be; a truly modular playground. It adds functionality to whatever DAW you use it in. I have never loved Reason more than I have now, and Reason Studios have made sure that I will be a returning costumer for a long, long time. Some of you might not realize it, but with these additions the Rack plugin adds what has always been a massive chore in other DAWs; modularity. The sending out CV as CC is brilliant and a totally new way to produce electronic music inside other DAWs, as is recording the output of players from the track, drop midi from Rex. Do you guys realize what an absolutely fantastic time it is for us musicians?

So, thank you, Reason Studios. I love you guys! :reason: :clap: :thumbs_up:
the rack plugin was a fantastic idea--agreed! the problem is the entire v11 rollout has been aimed squarely at users of other DAWs, not at users of Reason standalone. the marketing suggests using Reason in other DAWs is more important for them than the Reason DAW itself. I think it's great (and important!) that they've added MIDI out of the rack plugin, because that was a hugely missing feature for the rack plugin. but the fact that we still can't use VST MIDI devices inside of Reason's DAW seems like further indication that their focus isn't on Reason standalone.

for those of us who prefer using Reason standalone, it's a worrisome direction. I can understand why it would be less so if you're more interested in using the rack plugin inside of another DAW, as you are.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information