Issues on Mac

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Hawk269

15 Feb 2020

Reason has become unusable for me. I’m hoping someone has experienced this and can help.

I’m running Reason Suite 11 on a 2013 MacPro on High Sierra. Whenever I click anywhere on Reason I get the spinning beach ball for 10-15 seconds. This happens standalone and as a plugin in Logic.

Sometimes it will be ok after a computer restart for about 15 minutes before the beach ball returns.

I’ve tried uninstalling and a reinstall and no change. Any advice or ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Yonatan

16 Feb 2020

How annoying. I am also on High Sierra but macbook pro, R10 works ok, but will demo R11 very carefully if considering upgrading anytime.
If lucky, it might be some hidden bug that maybe RS could resolve in an update.
I get spinning ball in safari quite often.

joeyluck

16 Feb 2020

I'm on a MacBook Air running Reason 11 on High Sierra with no issues.

I wonder if a particular VST could be the culprit? Maybe try unchecking the VST folders under Advanced Preferences, quit Reason and restart, and see if you have the same issue. If it's gone, then you just need to track down which VST is causing the issue.

Aside from that, do you have anything particular loaded in a project? Any particular controllers connected? Any other apps open?

Hawk269

16 Feb 2020

Hi Joey, thanks for the ideas.

I tried disabling VSTs, restarted Reason and the problem persists. Tried restarting the computer and it ran fine for about 15 minutes before the beach ball returned.

This issue is present with a new project without anything loaded. Same when initiated in Logic as a Rack plugin. As soon as the plugin is loaded, Logic becomes unusable because of the beach ball.

plaamook

16 Feb 2020

Contact Props. They'll want to hear about this.
I'm on Mojave with no real probs aside from soothe2 which crashes the lot. Sent off crash logs etc and they told me there's an update w bug fixes on it's way sharpish so maybe your issue will be addressed there.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Hawk269

16 Feb 2020

plaamook wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Contact Props. They'll want to hear about this.
I'm on Mojave with no real probs aside from soothe2 which crashes the lot. Sent off crash logs etc and they told me there's an update w bug fixes on it's way sharpish so maybe your issue will be addressed there.
I contacted them 2 months ago and am still awaiting any kind of response besides the auto response that they received the ticket. I’m beyond frustrated at this point.

I hope the upcoming update resolved the issue.

Brosefski

18 Feb 2020

Hmm, I run Reason on a 2012 mac retina, it's a little slow when I use some heavy VST's like Ozone, and I notice that when I build a track more than 15 tracks or so it starts to slow down and lag (although the musical output stays fine) however I never get that loading icon. I have to upgrade my mac I think. I have a new OS install too, so I have nothing running alongside it or have a hidden process running. Is there anything else running on your mac while you're running Reason? Your mac seems a little dated, what's your spec and is it second hand? Have you tried cleaning up your mac? Logic maybe really heavy too.

The following picture shows my CPU load and percentage with a tune running around 20 tracks, it takes up almost 350-400% CPU with Ozone running in it, without it it's around 300%.

:reason: :recycle: :re:

• Information