Poll for people with Reason as their only daw

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Take Poll only if reason your only daw: if reason standalone daw was dropped, what would you do?

Switch to another daw, use Reason rack
20%
Switch to amother daw, never upgrade reason again due to low expected use
11%
Keep using current version of reason daw as long as possible
69%

Total votes: 99
Oberlai

19 Feb 2020

The sequencer will exist as long as Reason will. They recently replied they will maintain focus on Reason as a DAW (probably on FB) when a user aired his concern about this new direction. Secondly, that's only a rather small part of the whole package, and since it's been developed for almost 2 decades, most things are already in place and working well. It is a good sequencer, one of the best.

Going around worrying that the sequencer will be gone in the next big update is a complete waste of energy, will never happen.

guitfnky

19 Feb 2020

Oberlai wrote:
19 Feb 2020
The sequencer will exist as long as Reason will. They recently replied they will maintain focus on Reason as a DAW (probably on FB) when a user aired his concern about this new direction. Secondly, that's only a rather small part of the whole package, and since it's been developed for almost 2 decades, most things are already in place and working well. It is a good sequencer, one of the best.

Going around worrying that the sequencer will be gone in the next big update is a complete waste of energy, will never happen.
no one (that I’m aware of) has suggested they’d abandon the sequencer or DAW in the next major version. the concern isn’t that it will all of a sudden be gone, but that it will become less and less important to RS over time—that they may gradually shift focus to continuing to refine and develop the rack VST side.

communicating one’s concerns in a forum that RS devs see isn’t a complete waste of energy. the fact that we raised those concerns, and Mattias, and others from RS have responded to them is proof of that.

and to your point that they have given assurances that the DAW will continue to retain their focus, that’s true, and it’s great news. a cynic might think that is just lip service aimed at tamping down some of the negative reactions to the v11 launch. I’m more cynical now than I used to be, but Mattias seems like a straight shooter, and I trust that he’s being honest when he says that, so I have a lot of optimism.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information