You also feeling ripped off upgrading?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bxbrkrz

15 Feb 2020

Is the OP still participating in this thread or is the OP out?
OP never bought the product. Wow.
Re: You also feeling ripped off participating in the thread? :puf_smile:
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020
Lempface wrote:
15 Feb 2020

What in the world? How do you feel ripped off and you didn't make a purchase?

Really what he means is he its not a good enough value for him but he wants to complain anyway. Just skip it if you don't want it?
I think it's a language thing. Maybe he meant he felt the upgrade was a ripoff?
I’m pretty sure you’re right Phil. That’s how the guy feels and that’s all he’s saying. He’s not telling anyone else how to feel about it and he’s not decrying anyone else for feeling differently.
The “if you don’t like it don’t buy it ” crew on the other hand are basically telling him he’s WRONG! to feel the way he does !!! That whole self righteous thing has been prevalent since the days of the PUF and probably long before that. I don’t normally engage but it’s just getting so old now...you read the same thing every day here in the forum and it seems like those people who write it think they’re the first ever to say it. They are of course entitled to their opinion. 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
orthodox wrote:
15 Feb 2020

When someone talks about feeling ripped off without actually having been ripped off, it's a fraud. I would also be angry if I was about to buy it.
Aaa. No you misunderstood. I was more interested in why Lempface seemed so angry 😂
That's just what I"m talking about, his alleged anger.

PhillipOrdonez

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I think it's a language thing. Maybe he meant he felt the upgrade was a ripoff?
I’m pretty sure you’re right Phil. That’s how the guy feels and that’s all he’s saying. He’s not telling anyone else how to feel about it and he’s not decrying anyone else for feeling differently.
The “if you don’t like it don’t buy it ” crew on the other hand are basically telling him he’s WRONG! to feel the way he does !!! That whole self righteous thing has been prevalent since the days of the PUF and probably long before that. I don’t normally engage but it’s just getting so old now...you read the same thing every day here in the forum and it seems like those people who write it think they’re the first ever to say it. They are of course entitled to their opinion. 😂
I can understand their confusion (that crowd you mention), though, Figg, since the wording makes things confusing. I personally think that one shouldn't complain for something one has not paid for and does not intend to buy. You'll never see me complaining about things I haven't bought. And will very seldom see me complaining about things I have bought, cause I tend to not buy things unless I need/want them. Also, my time is worth something, and in my view, complaining about things I am not going to buy would enter into the "time wasted/not spent properly" category.

So in that sense, risking agreeing with said crowd, complaining for things one does not want to buy is a bit of a useless enterprise and in my opinion, the wrong thing to do. Sorry. 🤷‍♂️

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I can understand their confusion (that crowd you mention), though, Figg, since the wording makes things confusing. I personally think that one shouldn't complain for something one has not paid for and does not intend to buy. You'll never see me complaining about things I haven't bought. And will very seldom see me complaining about things I have bought, cause I tend to not buy things unless I need/want them. Also, my time is worth something, and in my view, complaining about things I am not going to buy would enter into the "time wasted/not spent properly" category.

So in that sense, risking agreeing with said crowd, complaining for things one does not want to buy is a bit of a useless enterprise and in my opinion, the wrong thing to do. Sorry. 🤷‍♂️
Hahahaha. Ok.
But haven’t you read that “if you don’t like it don’t buy it and stop complaining” or that “don’t ask for opinions in that RE. Just try it” or that “RTFM” more times than you can remember?. All those answers are just put downs in my opinion.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

15 Feb 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I'm going to start a thread complaining about the people complaining about the complaining. And then start complaining about the people that think that it wasn't a complaint but a non complaint that he would have complained if he had actually spent money and then complained.
Last edited by danc on 15 Feb 2020, edited 2 times in total.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
15 Feb 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I'm going to start a thread complaining about the people complaining about the complaining. And then start complaining about the people that think that it wasn't a complaint but a non complaint that he would have complained if he had actually spent money and then complained.
Do it!!!

And then I’ll report you to the Mods.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

vondersulzburg

15 Feb 2020

Not at all because I am not forced to upgrade (but I did to standard).
Other with my Live 9 License which is complete useless on MAC because they no longer support the actual OS Catalina. And this with just one Version back. So I have to pay with best discount 219€ for a gradually used DAW.
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

PhillipOrdonez

15 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
15 Feb 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020

Then some will say you are wrong. And others will defend you. And one of them will create a thread about the whole thing. It is a loop 😱

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020
danc wrote:
15 Feb 2020

Then some will say you are wrong. And others will defend you. And one of them will create a thread about the whole thing. It is a loop 😱
That’s the thing though Phillip. His original post was about how HE FELT. His feelings. He asked if anyone felt the same. So sure, some people do feel the same and some people don’t. Of course they do. It’s the “go fuck yourself, you’re wrong, stop complaining” attitude that makes me wonder. Those comments are in no way constructive. I don’t care either way about the deal. I do however care about people who are just out to put folk down.
I am not defending what the guy wrote. I am however defending his right to air how he FEELS without having folk telling him he’s wrong and to shut up.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020

That’s the thing though Phillip. His original post was about how HE FELT. His feelings. He asked if anyone felt the same. So sure, some people do feel the same and some people don’t. Of course they do. It’s the “go fuck yourself, you’re wrong, stop complaining” attitude that makes me wonder. Those comments are in no way constructive. I don’t care either way about the deal. I do however care about people who are just out to put folk down.
I am not defending what the guy wrote. I am however defending his right to air how he FEELS without having folk telling him he’s wrong and to shut up.
MrFigg... Just to be clear... I actually do care deeply for people's feelings and wouldn't want to offend anyone. Sometimes posts can go round and around and then around again in circles and so... I was having a light laugh about the circle. It wasn't intended to be laughing at anyone in particular, but more at the irony of the non stop circle.
Check my Soundcloud:

PhillipOrdonez

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020

Figg, Danc, it is time for a group-hug 🤗

danc

15 Feb 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
15 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020

Figg, Danc, it is time for a group-hug 🤗
Ok, meet you at 7 at the Swan and Geese for a quick pint and a happy hug. We can then talk about other world issues like the non stop price rise of milk.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
15 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020

MrFigg... Just to be clear... I actually do care deeply for people's feelings and wouldn't want to offend anyone. Sometimes posts can go round and around and then around again in circles and so... I was having a light laugh about the circle. It wasn't intended to be laughing at anyone in particular, but more at the irony of the non stop circle.
It’s cool Danc. I thought you were funny. Really. :)

I thought however that Lempface’s reply to the OP was a disrespectful put down and that’s the person my previous comments were directed towards. He does seem to have left the building with his self righteousness in his hand.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

danc

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
danc wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I thought however that Lempface’s reply to the OP was a disrespectful put down and that’s the person my previous comments were directed towards. He does seem to have left the building with his self righteousness in his hand.
I really am now going to start a thread about getting my wires crossed about crossed wires.
Check my Soundcloud:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

danc wrote:
15 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I really am now going to start a thread about getting my wires crossed about crossed wires.
I think you may have misunderstood. Please return to the first post in this thread and try again.

:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg, I ran the algorithm and it appears you are the most angry poster in this thread.

Just kidding, but seriously...

Others like myself are just confused by the thread and are trying to understand.

- Turns out OP didn't buy the Suite upgrade.
- Beyond what the OP already owns, the OP doesn't want the Suite upgrade.

The OP chimed in to tell people they are misunderstanding, but didn't really explain beyond that. Whatever it is, it is a clear misuse of the term 'ripped off.' I'm not sure where the thread goes from here...

And the whole thread starts off on the wrong foot with:
"Or are we all just happy supporters (blind religious people)"
Implying that if you like the upgrade, that must be the reason why. So did you overlook that when assessing this thread?

Lempface

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
orthodox wrote:
15 Feb 2020

When someone talks about feeling ripped off without actually having been ripped off, it's a fraud. I would also be angry if I was about to buy it.
Aaa. No you misunderstood. I was more interested in why Lempface seemed so angry 😂
Angry? Not at all, confused. Doesn't make sense for someone to get their pitchforks when they haven't been wronged. And if you feel wronged because of what a company is offering then.. I don't even know what to call that. Sure, one can be disappointed in a companies offerings, certainly that is up for discussion, but saying he feels ripped off is bizarre.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

Lempface

15 Feb 2020

joeyluck wrote:
15 Feb 2020
MrFigg, I ran the algorithm and it appears you are the most angry poster in this thread.

Others like myself are just confused by the thread and are trying to understand.

The OP chimed in to tell people they are misunderstanding, but didn't really explain beyond that. Whatever it is, it is a clear misuse of the term 'ripped off.' I'm not sure where the thread goes from here...

Implying that if you like the upgrade, that must be the reason why. So did you overlook that when assessing this thread?
Hey! The voice of reason (whoops punny) has entered the thread. ^^^ Exactly what I was getting on about, not sure how it was construed as anger.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

joeyluck wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I didn’t assess the thread. I assessed individual attitudes. I don’t care either way about the deal. I think it’s a great deal. Just not for me :).

Incidentally you never got back to me on that point about REs getting reduced in price “after years”. You know the one :).

And yeah...I’m the angriest poster. That’s my goal these days. Even that fucking algorithm makes me crazy mad. ❤️
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

15 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2020
joeyluck wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I didn’t assess the thread. I assessed individual attitudes. I don’t care either way about the deal. I think it’s a great deal. Just not for me :).

Incidentally you never got back to me on that point about REs getting reduced in price “after years”. You know the one :).

And yeah...I’m the angriest poster. That’s my goal these days. Even that fucking algorithm makes me crazy mad. ❤️
Yeah I don't think the thread starts off conducive to having a good conversation. Again, implying that people must be "blind religious people" if they like the upgrade.

By the years past example I only meant that in terms of waiting for the unknown. Yes, something could be included in a bundle months later or in some cases years later. If I actually want something and need it for a project, I'm not waiting indefinitely. That's all I was saying. I've bought stuff prior to big sale seasons, knowing those products may very well go on sale, but I could put them to use sooner, so I bought those plugins then and there.

gullum

15 Feb 2020

No I do not feel ripped of because I did only upgrade to standard I already have some of the RE's in Suite. Even if I got the Suite I would not feel ripped of because I knew already that I wasn't going to get the full package. I would get the RE's I don't have for the price of the Suite so not get the same deal as the others with non of the RE's, Saying I paid twice for the same devices would be wrong because I don't get 2 copies of Reason Drums or the other RE's I had already, I'm just paying more for the devices I don't have. $129 for the devices I don't have is not much at all IMO there are 5 of them and I don't have them because I don't need them.

ShelLuser

17 Feb 2020

blaasvaer wrote:
12 Feb 2020
Now, I've bought various Rack Extensions and ReFills over time ... even paid for the Reason Drum Kits and Reason Electric Bass AGAIN in the form of a shiny new plugin.

Now, staring at the 'new' version ... I can't help feeling I get ripped of paying €249,- for getting basically just a few (I can count nine compared to what I already own) extra things of which I would never use most of anyway (especially Umpf and Layers Waves Edition) ...
So don't upgrade to the Suite version but instead upgrade to the regular v11, not sure from mind how much that's going to cost but it'll be a lot less. Problem solved...

The best part about RE's, IMO, is that they're not restricted to one specific version. I pretty much own all RE's which were developed by the Props / RS and use the whole lot in Reason 10, including the RE's which were released specifically for 11. In the end it's simply an issue of being a little tactical with your upgrade. Many users never upgrade immediately when a new version but skip a few versions. Maybe something to consider?
--- :reason:

• Information