This new "thing" RS working on, will it be included in R11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Yonatan

15 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
15 Feb 2020
Here it is, the other "remember when we did that stuff 20 years ago......" official Reason Studio's social media interaction before the "WOW, Do Y'all remember how cool Recycle was !" post. All in the last three days.

Like, oh mah gawd !

>
rebirth_FB.PNG
Agree. If this is not connected to having a splendid new way that makes these a museum, then these posts are more a provocation. Nostalgia is nice if progress is being made, but nostalgia as a sort of endlessly trying to live on old merits, then it is just foolishness and bad pride. They better come out with a "Wow" now very soon after these kind of adds. :)
So better see them as signs that an update is in the process and this is a way to build some momentum as the thing to release allows no sneak peak, so they dust off some old things.

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2020

You're all wrong, even twitter guy is wrong

Creativemind

15 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
apostlethirteen wrote:
14 Feb 2020
How about an indexing system for the search. When we get that? Tired of waiting long periods to use the inbuilt search.
I really get annoyed with Reason's browser. It seems a little bit faster than the old way, but it needs a new overhaul on a few features. Custom Tagging would be great

But.... I don't read this discussion thread (speculation of) about being core changes, but instead something NEW SHINY AND EXCITING as an addition to Reason, rather than a boring old 'fix', since they seem to be trying to generate mystery around it.
You're probably right but they should throw in a few little helpful workflow improvements too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Yonatan

15 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
15 Feb 2020
I hope you are right! (then we will have to wait for the KaZoo breakthrough!) :D

chaosroyale

15 Feb 2020

I was wrong about the timeline - it has only been a couple of months. I'll edit my post to reflect that.
joeyluck wrote:
12 Feb 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
12 Feb 2020
The "new thing" has been teased for around a year now maybe? Apparently the "new thing" is more important than actually fixing all the problems with the DAW. And maybe it is. It could be something amazing that will put RS back onto the cutting edge of music software developers, and everyone will say "this is much better than having a Combinator 2 and a hi-res UI in Reason"

I don't have the imagination, experience or skills to guess what on Earth that "thing" could be. I hope they surprise me and I have to eat a slice of crow.
There's something that has been teased for a year? Do you have any references to this?

Proboscis

15 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
15 Feb 2020
It's amazing how this thread has taken off, based on a screenshot of one FB post from RS, and a single response from some guy who's claimed to have seen this new 'thing'

Perhaps we need to really examine his words in a forensic manner.

Just to come to the conclusion that it's another player, that links existing players together, to create randomly generated complete tracks.

moneykube

15 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
15 Feb 2020
aeox wrote:
15 Feb 2020
I hope you are right! (then we will have to wait for the KaZoo breakthrough!) :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Proboscis

15 Feb 2020

All you Kazoo FREAKS can GO TO HELL :twisted:

I'm found myself trying to think of any hit songs in history with kazoo . It was mentioned in Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Down on the Corner" but not sure if actually used in the track.

Rooster hits the washboard and people just got to smile
Blinky thumps the gut bass and solos for a while
Poor Boy twangs the rhythm out on his kalamazoo
And Willy goes into a dance and doubles on kazoo

Yonatan

16 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
15 Feb 2020

I'm found myself trying to think of any hit songs in history with kazoo . It was mentioned in Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Down on the Corner" but not sure if actually used in the track.

Rooster hits the washboard and people just got to smile
Blinky thumps the gut bass and solos for a while
Poor Boy twangs the rhythm out on his kalamazoo
And Willy goes into a dance and doubles on kazoo
KaZoologists dont need to go to hell, because hell is coming to us. KaZoo is a whistle call. It is kazoo and seagulls and crows that are calling on dragons from the underworld. Did I just made a new season of Stranger Things?

Yonatan

16 Feb 2020

Am amazed no one can even give a slightly hint if the new thing could be part of an R11 update.
So I will wait til May and see if maybe EzBass will be a better choice than R11 upgrade, and hold off for R12 somewhere over the rainbow.

Proboscis

16 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Am amazed no one can even give a slightly hint if the new thing could be part of an R11 update.
So I will wait til May and see if maybe EzBass will be a better choice than R11 upgrade, and hold off for R12 somewhere over the rainbow.
The more time that passes since the initial release of R11, the less value you're getting, since you've not had that 6 months of usage already. Whether any point updates bring enough new value to justify what's already been lost is going to be worth it... I don't know. Whatever comes before R12 in my opinion will still not justify the upgrade.

I'm almost certain that I'll be holding out for R12 (like you - I am on R10). But of course my views may change. When 2020 started, I was still firmly of the mind that I'll be using Reason (exclusively) forever, and I've shifted that view quite a lot recently :)

The only tricky/shady move they may pull is "This new 'thing' is available for FREE with R11.5 to all upgraders/existing R11 users, but will be a paid-for 'thing' in Reason 12. That way they suck in the stragglers, and have a chance at a further $129 bite at our pockets come Reason 12. I think they did this in the past with one of the Players, or maybe Synchronous.

Steedus
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2020

A Nintendo Switch version of Reason like how Korg did a Switch version of Gadget :mrgreen:

moneykube

16 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
15 Feb 2020
not a hit but a good one.... :puf_wink: :puf_bigsmile:

This song is about a soldier who lost his leg in World War II, and his apparently alcoholic wife. It is the first mention of war in a Pink Floyd song. >>
Pink Floyd drummer Nick Mason sang the lines, "He won it in the war... in orange red and blue... he's never been the same... and from her majesty the queen." It was Mason's only vocal contribution until Pink Floyd's sixth album, Meddle, in 1971.
The title "Corporal Clegg" was chosen as a reference to Thaddeus Von Clegg, the inventor of the kazoo, hence the section where kazoos are played. >>
Roger Waters told Mojo magazine December 2009 that this song is autobiographical. He explained: "Corporal Clegg is about my father and his sacrifice in World War II. It's somewhat sarcastic - the idea of the wooden leg being something you won in the war, like a trophy."

moneykube

17 Feb 2020

another classic kazoo moment... MORE KAZOO...

HEY A HIT

LOLOLOL... there are many more if u ask google
Sorry... kazoo is not on my list ... thought I would lighten the thread :puf_wink:
I do own one... perhaps time for a song lol

Yonatan

17 Feb 2020

Kazoo emulation effect knob wet/dry for every mixer channel confirmed! (source extra terrestial)

(not just yet reached the milky way)

I think a fitting description of RS secret service undercover work that suddenly gets announced public in a promotion video...is for the Reason community to have a Kazoo moment. Suddenly everyone plays along in different keys, high praise in perfect pitch all the way to the lowest groweling dissonance. But one thing is for sure, the dead walking town has woken up to the kazoo trumpets of glory and honour sounds throughout the hills and valleys of ReasonTalk with the message Reason is alive!

Yonatan

17 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
16 Feb 2020
The more time that passes since the initial release of R11, the less value you're getting, since you've not had that 6 months of usage already. Whether any point updates bring enough new value to justify what's already been lost is going to be worth it... I don't know. Whatever comes before R12 in my opinion will still not justify the upgrade.

I'm almost certain that I'll be holding out for R12 (like you - I am on R10). But of course my views may change. When 2020 started, I was still firmly of the mind that I'll be using Reason (exclusively) forever, and I've shifted that view quite a lot recently :)

The only tricky/shady move they may pull is "This new 'thing' is available for FREE with R11.5 to all upgraders/existing R11 users, but will be a paid-for 'thing' in Reason 12. That way they suck in the stragglers, and have a chance at a further $129 bite at our pockets come Reason 12. I think they did this in the past with one of the Players, or maybe Synchronous.
Yes, so it is. I told myself to maybe update when AU plugin came out but somehow it was not compelling enough.
Now one have to think how much of use or value it would bring in the summer time.
For who knows if R12 comes out late 2020 or spring 2021. Or september 2021, if the latter, it might be of value to upgrade, but if earlier, it may not, depending on what the updates brings.
RS is not known for very many updates until new version, although the time span may vary from 1 year to over 2 years, it always stops on around point 3, 4 or 5 (but they could jump from 11.2 to 11.5 with a blink).
One better first see if this thing is included in upgrade or if it is something that will bring new product or line of devices to the shop (as with players). And if it is of great use and how much it aids the workflow. Will surely demo it and see.

DS_Joost

17 Feb 2020

Those of you hating on Kazoos have never heard this masterpiece:

The goodness starts at 1:58. A whole section of the things. It's glorious!!!

WillyOD

17 Feb 2020

Maybe just this once they'll make Reason the DAW a whole lot better and that's the big surprise! LOL. :PUF_balance:
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Noplan
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2020

The thing RS is working on.

Yonatan

17 Feb 2020

Noplan wrote:
17 Feb 2020

:) Is this maybe how music producers will look in a near future.

bxbrkrz

17 Feb 2020

I hope that Thing is not contagious.
757365206C6F67696320746F207365656B20616E73776572732075736520726561736F6E20746F2066696E6420776973646F6D20676574206F7574206F6620796F757220636F6D666F7274207A6F6E65206F7220796F757220696E737069726174696F6E2077696C6C206372797374616C6C697A6520666F7265766572

DJMaytag

17 Feb 2020

Zac wrote:
12 Feb 2020
I thought it was REs running in hardware?
I was just thinking about what happened to that partnership, which would allow RE’s to be hosted on the hardware partners’ platform. Something that would be amazing is a Eurorack module that could become whatever RE/stock device you wanted to load into it, and patch up with a bunch of physical patch cords.

I’ve always wanted Malstrom in hardware form. :)

aeox
Competition Winner

17 Feb 2020

Noplan wrote:
17 Feb 2020

Damn, I don't know how you figured it out.. but you figured it out.

Loque

18 Feb 2020

Looks like they have some kind of birth day (20 years) sometime this year and maybe they roll out something big (feature, product, sale, just old b/w photos, who knows...).
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Feb 2020
Looks like they have some kind of birth day (20 years) sometime this year and maybe they roll out something big (feature, product, sale, just old b/w photos, who knows...).
Reason 12 coming November 22nd !?!

:lol:

Obviously not but you make a good point. It's a good time to release something cool.

• Information