This new "thing" RS working on, will it be included in R11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Proboscis

14 Feb 2020

apostlethirteen wrote:
14 Feb 2020
How about an indexing system for the search. When we get that? Tired of waiting long periods to use the inbuilt search.
I really get annoyed with Reason's browser. It seems a little bit faster than the old way, but it needs a new overhaul on a few features. Custom Tagging would be great

But.... I don't read this discussion thread (speculation of) about being core changes, but instead something NEW SHINY AND EXCITING as an addition to Reason, rather than a boring old 'fix', since they seem to be trying to generate mystery around it.

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

apostlethirteen wrote:
14 Feb 2020
How about an indexing system for the search. When we get that? Tired of waiting long periods to use the inbuilt search.
This fullfills the time saving at least. But not as much a "thing" to invite ppl on social media. It is too ordinary to be it. But, yes it could be somehow connected to the Browser in some way. I dont mind that.

Proboscis

14 Feb 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
13 Feb 2020
A web app! Lol. Totally shit. I bet that's what it is. :lol:
My money's on you, Jack. Your suggestion sounds like it's a plausible direction for RS.

And for most of us, yea.. totally shit :roll:
danc wrote:
13 Feb 2020
Full featured DAW in a browser. If they don't..... Someone will very soon.
Bandlab offer one. And since they own Cakewalk, there may even be some 'proper DAW' integration between the two. At least a seamless importing from the web. Some interesting features is being able to record audio, and maybe even MIDI Controllers. Plus.. automation ! that's surprising, and suggest it's a bit more than just a toy.

For Desktop, MacOS, Android.

https://www.bandlab.com/creation-features

>
Bandlab_web_DAW.PNG
Bandlab_web_DAW.PNG (101.25 KiB) Viewed 5698 times

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

Time saver...(new take on something) most ppl do...

DADAM! No kazoo...but...

MP3 export directly onto streaming services (spotify and soundcloud etc)

(this is a joke but could become reality)

Flood the world with half baked beats! :shock: :PUF_balance: :thumbs_up:

Reminiscence

14 Feb 2020

Live sequencing like with Live? lol :ugeek:

Proboscis

14 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020

You never used Alihoopa ?

For 'getting your song up' it was so easy. I could set left/right markers in the sequencer, hit the Alihoopa icon right on the transport bar (no menu diving, nothing but a button), wait a while, and it's done. You have a URL to send someone that demo. I used it a lot for sharing ideas with someone many countries away. Some of my more 'experimental' nights I may have uploaded 10 versions. I would simply delete the prior upload (so no version control happening),which was also easy enough through the web app.

But.... as a 'social' music platform it kind of sucked. It all felt very vague & unfinished.

But as an 'almost instant' render/upload feature, it was brilliant. It's a shame they abandoned it. They even removed the transport icon by 10.4d4, if not earlier.

At some point, Alihoopa was legally transferred from being a Propellerhead business to a separate entity. I think that entity also took the silly little apps Propellerheads had offered for iOS(ie mobile) only.

The entity who took those assets happened to be the CEO's son, if I recall. An xmas present from Dad !

And now it's gone. Another Propellerheads initiative that's dissolved into dust forever.
Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
DADAM! No kazoo...but...
Ok all you Kazoo FREAKS already have some options in Reason, in the form of Jiggery Pokery's 'Republik' RE . Enough, already :puf_bigsmile:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ercussion/

>
jiggery_pokery_republik_kazoo.PNG
jiggery_pokery_republik_kazoo.PNG (938.29 KiB) Viewed 5668 times

aeox
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Ok all you Kazoo FREAKS already have some options in Reason, in the form of Jiggery Pokery's 'Republik' RE . Enough, already :puf_bigsmile:

>
I need physical modelling Kazoo. 600 mb for samples is not acceptable :lol:

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020

>
With emulation of 244 round robins!

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020

You never used Alihoopa ?

For 'getting your song up' it was so easy. I could set left/right markers in the sequencer, hit the Alihoopa icon right on the transport bar (no menu diving, nothing but a button), wait a while, and it's done. You have a URL to send someone that demo. I used it a lot for sharing ideas with someone many countries away. Some of my more 'experimental' nights I may have uploaded 10 versions. I would simply delete the prior upload (so no version control happening),which was also easy enough through the web app.

But.... as a 'social' music platform it kind of sucked. It all felt very vague & unfinished.

But as an 'almost instant' render/upload feature, it was brilliant. It's a shame they abandoned it. They even removed the transport icon by 10.4d4, if not earlier.

At some point, Alihoopa was legally transferred from being a Propellerhead business to a separate entity. I think that entity also took the silly little apps Propellerheads had offered for iOS(ie mobile) only.

The entity who took those assets happened to be the CEO's son, if I recall. An xmas present from Dad !

And now it's gone. Another Propellerheads initiative that's dissolved into dust forever.

YES surely I remember Allihoopa! :) First it was called DISCOVER (isnt that name of a dish washing brand?)

I never used it as a social hangout, it failed in that regard, it was too cluttered and the license agreements on what to do if the song or remix went viral or gained any commercial success, was absent and never got solved. It was a naive thing that may have been great in a world where all have basic income and market is where you share and buy your local food. But in this world, there must be taken into account how to get some revenue as producer or artist. Allihoopa was a fantasy product that did not deal with real world situation.

BUT, it had great potential if they would have done some rethinking of the structure, because it was a lovely way to quickly upload and share ones work in progress, or FinalMix nr 12 etc. I don´t think they listened to the real needs of the users, and so it went down. We need ways to collaborate, but not without any structures how to do with the results and ways to share royalties etc.
They should have been a bit more down to earth with it and see what users really need in good collaborations. It could have become a total sucess and a thing that drives ppl to using Reason. It was not at all a bad thing, but it was a fantasy the way it was trying to push something out of ordinary world. We were supposed to share ideas freely and like a new cyber hippies just jump around and be happy and create music together.

It was innovative and I loved to have just a button inside the DAW to get it out on the web. I really miss that.

With a combination of uploading private work in progress, and bring in ways to display final or half done work and invite and choose collaborations (not just randomly ppl doing whatever) "singer wanted for this track", "make versions and I will pick what fits my vision". Or one may need a songwriting partner, or a video editing help, or help with mixing or mastering, lyrics, arrangements or whatever. Combine that with possibilities to distribute to streaming services and have good ways to share royalties in exact % depending on collaborations. But that would be a very big task, but they could start at a small scale and then expand gradually if there is shown interest. Also to be able to upload combinators, Reason song files, artwork etc. But again, I think it got way out of their hand how many beats people uploaded that went up the cost of servers. And they seemed to have no plan how to make Allihoopa financial stable in the long run. I bet with right services it could have become a win-win.

I wrote much about the potentials and what was lacking back in the day, but I never experienced that PH understood what was needed, as they just kept hitting the fantasy against the wall until it went down. That is why I am a bit concerned about RS marketing strategies and I pinpoint what is a bad move, because I experience that many in that office are working in a bubble. Sometimes it just falls out splendid, but there is too often a certain lack of reality check that I sense from things done by PH/RS. And a resistance to really come out of the bubble and see what is really needed and wanted among users, until it is too late.
The thing with being in a bubble is that those being in it, does not see that they are trapped in it, and so refuse to listen, so that users almost have to scream and shout to even get through, and still being misunderstood or wrongly interpreted as too needy.
Last edited by Yonatan on 14 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Proboscis

14 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
aeox wrote:
14 Feb 2020
You guys make me sick.

>
reason_kazudios_logo_1.png
reason_kazudios_logo_1.png (306.56 KiB) Viewed 5615 times

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020

You guys make me sick.

>
reason_kazudios_logo_1.png
I think you nailed the next R12 version company name change. :)

I actually bought one of these in a music store in December but have forgotten it is in my possession. Now when RE making is a bit more open source alike, who wants a Ka-zoo imitating 324 different animals? In binaural surround off course! From ASMR to highest jumbojet velocity layers (sound design on highest level)

Ermitage

14 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
apostlethirteen wrote:
14 Feb 2020
This fullfills the time saving at least. But not as much a "thing" to invite ppl on social media. It is too ordinary to be it. But, yes it could be somehow connected to the Browser in some way. I dont mind that.
Would suggest it's a physical thing. I'm guessing it's something along the lines of a Reason version of the Softube Console 1.

Proboscis

14 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
I actually bought one of these in a music store in December but have forgotten it is in my possession.
How much did you pay ? A few years ago I bought a RIG BUNDLE of Three Kazoo's out of a Chinese Ebayer's listing, for $10 USD, including free shipping to where I was residing.

If you paid more than $4 for yours, you got ripped off.

Proboscis

14 Feb 2020

Ermitage wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Would suggest it's a physical thing. I'm guessing it's something along the lines of a Reason version of the Softube Console 1.
No way. Well not no way, I don't know what they're doing. But.. a foray into the hardware world.... again ? Remember that Reason Studios is merely an asset in an investment portfolio that has fast profit in mind.

We all witnessed what became of the Propellerhead Balance. Does Reason Studios really think entering into a market they are not known in, to release a hardware device in 2020 is a good move ? Nope. I still say no way.

Proboscis

14 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
who wants a Ka-zoo imitating 324 different animals? In binaural surround off course! From ASMR to highest jumbojet velocity layers (sound design on highest level)
Any chance you can make a Combinator patch with NN-XT Kazou samples, plus stock FX, with some of that sweet noodling going on ? Try and rope Hans Zimmer in to tweak a few rotaries.

It's this sort of forward thinking that will guarantee's Reason success into the future.

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
who wants a Ka-zoo imitating 324 different animals? In binaural surround off course! From ASMR to highest jumbojet velocity layers (sound design on highest level)
Any chance you can make a Combinator patch with NN-XT Kazou samples, plus stock FX, with some of that sweet noodling going on ? Try and rope Hans Zimmer in to tweak a few rotaries.

It's this sort of forward thinking that will guarantee's Reason success into the future.
Be careful what you ask for, I might just take you by the word! ;) Hans Zimmer will be saved to a brand new "thing" I am working on, will not reveal yet that it is a new yodeling algoritm. Bring Zimmer Singer into the Rack! Future looks bright indeed. :)

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
14 Feb 2020
I actually bought one of these in a music store in December but have forgotten it is in my possession.
How much did you pay ? A few years ago I bought a RIG BUNDLE of Three Kazoo's out of a Chinese Ebayer's listing, for $10 USD, including free shipping to where I was residing.

If you paid more than $4 for yours, you got ripped off.
I got ripped off deluxe. The guy said it was a 24 bit/192kHz Digital Kazoo with inbuilt effect processor. But when I got home, I saw no batteries or on/off switch, and the USB cable did not fit in the Kazoo, so those €249 was a bit wasted. :cool:
But I have now a canary bird as a room mate so my sound design needs are kind of covered! :lol:
What happen when a Canary bird meets a Kazoo? It is like King Kong meets Godzilla. It is a battle no one can resist.
Soon in a RE store near you. Canary vs Kazoo RE (Reason wont be the same after it)

Ermitage

14 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Ermitage wrote:
14 Feb 2020
No way. Well not no way, I don't know what they're doing. But.. a foray into the hardware world.... again ? Remember that Reason Studios is merely an asset in an investment portfolio that has fast profit in mind.

We all witnessed what became of the Propellerhead Balance. Does Reason Studios really think entering into a market they are not known in, to release a hardware device in 2020 is a good move ? Nope. I still say no way.
Yes, pursuing that avenue seems rather pointless. Cloud services, however, might not be. Looking at how streaming of games is quickly becoming the new big thing it makes me wonder if we're also going to see audio production software shift towards that.

Though realistically this is probably just another player device for modulation.

Loque

14 Feb 2020

Ermitage wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Proboscis wrote:
14 Feb 2020

Yes, pursuing that avenue seems rather pointless. Cloud services, however, might not be. Looking at how streaming of games is quickly becoming the new big thing it makes me wonder if we're also going to see audio production software shift towards that.

Though realistically this is probably just another player device for modulation.
Interesting point...buying/renting CPU (DSP) power and devices for your production. I am not sure, i want this...I do not like to pay monthly fees.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

14 Feb 2020

By the time Reason 12 comes out, Kazoo will be a whole genre. Like Trap, it will sound specific but, like Trap, people will also use it to vaguely mean "computer music, you know, like you kids make."
If you don't market your DAW as being great for producing Kazoo beats, come 2021, you're dead in the water.

I make Kazoocore on a real Kazoo tuned down to G, but I accept that many don't have that luxury.

Yonatan

14 Feb 2020

EdGrip wrote:
14 Feb 2020
By the time Reason 12 comes out, Kazoo will be a whole genre. Like Trap, it will sound specific but, like Trap, people will also use it to vaguely mean "computer music, you know, like you kids make."
If you don't market your DAW as being great for producing Kazoo beats, come 2021, you're dead in the water.

I make Kazoocore on a real Kazoo tuned down to G, but I accept that many don't have that luxury.
Kazoo is a way of life! :)

ShelLuser

14 Feb 2020

Marc Swing wrote:
12 Feb 2020
If I'm going to speculate, I think it will be a web-based Reason (to produce music through the browser) to always have access to Reason and that maybe they will have a web cloud where you can have your Rack Extansions so you can access them wherever you are as long as you have an internet connection.
An interesting concept for sure, also because other companies have tried this as well. My personal favorite of Live also tried to set something like that up using a cloud based platform. The idea was to have easy collaboration using the cloud.

Needless to say (?) but the whole thing got scrapped and was never seen again when the next version came out :lol:

I mean... dozens of fora allow you to use attachments, there are already plenty of cloud based applications (OneDrive being a personal favorite) which can also help you to share specific contents with others.

But most of all: who would want to make the mistake of accidentally saving something in the cloud and then watching others "borrow" your ideas?

"Overspecialize and you breed in weakness...." is my motto here.
--- :reason:

Yonatan

15 Feb 2020

What's in their cooking...why brag about ReBirth and ReCycle if that new thing was not in ny way connected with those concepts...
I mean ReBirth has died and ReCycle is partly part of Reason with a few exceptions. Why boost it on facebook now if not connected to a new thing that surpasses it?

Has it something to do with working with samples and making beats on the fly or live? But on the other side, how could anyone be upset by such a thing...
IMG_20200215_070348.jpg
IMG_20200215_070348.jpg (153.74 KiB) Viewed 5132 times

Proboscis

15 Feb 2020

^^^^ THIS ^^^

I wanted to alert this thread to what Reason Studios have been posting, but Yonotan got to the point.

They released a YT 'story' a few days back which was based on "Who remembers ReBirth, woo, cool, our origin story", and today on FB they have a 'woo, who digs ReCycle".

Enough already, Reason Studios. Less time on redundant histrionics, and more time on either the NOW with Reason, or the FUTURE with Reason. Where is it going ? Is it an indicator of 'going nowhere' that you feel the need to go social on two long-ago-abandoned products ?

Proboscis

15 Feb 2020

Here it is, the other "remember when we did that stuff 20 years ago......" official Reason Studio's social media interaction before the "WOW, Do Y'all remember how cool Recycle was !" post. All in the last three days.

Like, oh mah gawd !

>
rebirth_FB.PNG
rebirth_FB.PNG (630.16 KiB) Viewed 5122 times

• Information