This new "thing" RS working on, will it be included in R11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
reddust

21 Feb 2020

Steedus wrote:
20 Feb 2020
reddust wrote:
20 Feb 2020

Haven''t you thought some people might have fun by creating their own beats? Come on, don't be so pretentious :lol:
It's more the outrage that such a device would dare be in existence in the first place. It's like some people see a device like this and have an existential crisis of "oh heavens, but what will become of my art *faints*". If you make your own beats, nothing's changed.
Exactly, nothing's changed, no one is complaining about the device existence though, we are only sharing opinions, I hope we are all free to say if we like it or not and why.

There can also be a big difference between what someone says and how the listener interpretes these words, but let's just try to exchange different opinions without feeling hurt or using words that try to hurt or discredit other users here, this is not a war about who is right but an exchange of opinions between Reason users.

musicman691

23 Feb 2020

MattiasHG wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Busta US wrote:
20 Feb 2020

So you are the Product Manager, huh ? Dude, why are you neglecting the Reason DAW ? Yes clap clap clap for the plugin and the little Ableton tutorial, but what about all those Reason DAW core users ? F%#!k em or what ? Do you read the Feature Requests ? What about that whole huge list you made of the REALLY necessary features for Reason 11 ?

Care to be more expressive ?
We released Reason 11 five months ago, it included a lot of improvements for the DAW users but it was also the launch of the Reason Rack Plugin—a brand new thing for us. We were flooded with user requests about the plugin too (MIDI out, AAX etc.) and we quickly want to make sure the plugin feels solid and finished since it's a brand new product. I don't want to be defensive, that's just the thinking behind it.

This doesn't mean we're neglecting the Reason DAW, we're working on a lot of things! Heck, I use the DAW for all my music making myself and I read almost every feature request. In 11.2 we wanted to make sure that everyone using Reason 11 got something great—it has bug fixes for both DAW and plugin, MIDI Out Device is updated for both DAW and plugin, Beat Map's included for free for both DAW and plugin.

All that said, I really do appreciate the candid feedback! Development takes time, we're working hard, and we're doing things that will definitely make the core Reason DAW users very happy. :)
MattiasHG:
Are we EVER going to get aax format? I know you can't or won't give an ETA but at least give us something. I was stoked about this new version of Reason and being a long-time user (can you say Reason 2?) of reason 8 I was ready to upgrade. But no aax makes that impossible and trying to use R11 inside Blue Cat's Patchwork doesn't work.
Jack
MacPro mid-2012 3.46 GHz hexcore Westmere 48 gig ram
OSX 10.13.6
PT2021.6, Reason 8.3
QAPLA!

• Information