This new "thing" RS working on, will it be included in R11?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
OverneathTheSkyBridg

19 Feb 2020

Isnt it obvious? This is a Fallout PIP Boy RE for making beats in the wasteland.

jam-s

19 Feb 2020

Reason Radical Open Hiking and Geo-tagging Map RE (military green edition) that makes you beat your head and makes you want to go hiking in Sweden.

sdst
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2020

I have this one, but I don't know if the new one is the same thing

Proboscis

20 Feb 2020

toddbooster wrote:
19 Feb 2020
Wait, 7 pages of this just to get to a picture of "Reason Fish Radar"?
jam-s wrote:
19 Feb 2020
Reason Radical Open Hiking and Geo-tagging Map RE (military green edition) that makes you beat your head and makes you want to go hiking in Sweden.
I genuinely LOL'd at these comments. The screenshot def. reminds me of a topographical map.

It looks like a Player, by the theme of the outsides of the images. But also an X/Y control ? How many controllers even have an X/Y control pad? Maybe just more gimmicks from Propellerhead/Reason Studios. I'm about as excited for the news to drop as I am watching grass grow. Whatever it is, this only represents development hours not spent on core feature improvements.

Yonatan

20 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
20 Feb 2020
toddbooster wrote:
19 Feb 2020
Wait, 7 pages of this just to get to a picture of "Reason Fish Radar"?
jam-s wrote:
19 Feb 2020
I genuinely LOL'd at these comments. The screenshot def. reminds me of a topographical map.

It looks like a Player, by the theme of the outsides of the images. But also an X/Y control ? How many controllers even have an X/Y control pad? Maybe just more gimmicks from Propellerhead/Reason Studios. I'm about as excited for the news to drop as I am watching grass grow. Whatever it is, this only represents development hours not spent on core feature improvements.
Hope they do not just work on one thing at a time. But yes, probably the DAW workflow team, if it exist, could need some more support.
This device dont seem to be a core function but rather another candy in the Rack.
I like some candy now and then, but not instead of food and bread. :)

madmacman

20 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
20 Feb 2020
I like some candy now and then, but not instead of food and bread. :)
If they don‘t have bread, let them eat cake!;)

Proboscis

20 Feb 2020

madmacman wrote:
20 Feb 2020
If they don‘t have bread, let them eat cake!;)

Because this thread needs some Queen. More exciting than any garbage RS are working on.

Yonatan

20 Feb 2020

Not so easy life at the top of the pyramid. Did not know "Eat cake" was more of a symbolic phrase.

craven

20 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
19 Feb 2020
guitfnky wrote:
19 Feb 2020
definitely a device...now the question is, is it something they’re selling, or are they rolling it out with a v11 point update?
My bet is that it's not free. Hope I'm wrong :lol:
It's gonna be an expensive player device. :) I'm still curious to see what it is.
:ugeek:

Creativemind

20 Feb 2020

No news yet? I don't see anything on their site but my mobile doesn't navigate on it very well.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Yonatan

20 Feb 2020

Today is the day. Still early morning in Sweden, but office time has just started. Wonder if this device also comes together with update of the Rack plugin and Standalone. Probably not, but it can´t be far off...

Creativemind

20 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Today is the day. Still early morning in Sweden, but office time has just started. Wonder if this device also comes together with update of the Rack plugin and Standalone. Probably not, but it can´t be far off...
Yes I was thinking 9am and I'm in the U.K so with Sweden being an hour in front it would be released now. I was expecting an 11.2 update with this device and the Reason Rack Plug-In midi out too and fingers crossed (even if it's only 2 or 3 things) some workflow enhancements too.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Yonatan

20 Feb 2020

Creativemind wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Yes I was thinking 9am and I'm in the U.K so with Sweden being an hour in front it would be released now. I was expecting an 11.2 update with this device and the Reason Rack Plug-In midi out too and fingers crossed (even if it's only 2 or 3 things) some workflow enhancements too.
Usually takes a while before they release, so might not come out before lunch.
But they also need a few hours left of the office time in case it needs adjustments and extra service after launch and to answer questions.

Many times before, RS have released on fridays, but 2020-02-20 is quite a bit more epic date! If they were to be very nerdy with it, I guess it would be exactly at 2 a clock. :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Creativemind wrote:
20 Feb 2020

Usually takes a while before they release, so might not come out before lunch.
But they also need a few hours left of the office time in case it needs adjustments and extra service after launch and to answer questions.

Many times before, RS have released on fridays, but 2020-02-20 is quite a bit more epic date! If they were to be very nerdy with it, I guess it would be exactly at 2 a clock. :)
Or 20:20
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Kilsane

20 Feb 2020

The update is available

Ottostrom

20 Feb 2020

I'm currently playing around with the BeatMap on some kong808 patches and it's creating some really interesting patterns for me :)
Last edited by Ottostrom on 20 Feb 2020, edited 2 times in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

Surprised and relieved that it's not a Ujam device.

This thing is sweet :D

chimp_spanner

20 Feb 2020

Been playing with it for a while (I, along with others, did some of the underlying MIDI data). It was actually a slow grower for me. Initially I thought it was a curiosity. Now I think it's a fantastic tool for discovering new ideas. Couple of presses and twists and I've got something that inspires a bass line or chord progression. Same with QNG. Took me a while to "get" it. It's a fantastic device. Try layering it with Drum SEQ too. Then you can combine algorithmic stuff with more constant elements (or even probability based).

Karim
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2020

Once again I am currently disappointed and apparently (for me) still not worth updating ...
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

dusan.cani

20 Feb 2020

Yes, why compose the beats by your own imagination, skills and creativity ? Just let the work to be done by automatic generative tools. This is the future.

In some time, the whole sequencer will be dropped and substituded by automatic generative players (sold independently for 99Euros - this is the present business model for Reason standalone)
Last edited by dusan.cani on 20 Feb 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Busta US

20 Feb 2020

Bye bye Reason DAW, hello Ableton!

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

20 Feb 2020

dusan.cani wrote:
20 Feb 2020
Yes, why compose the beats by your own imagination, skills and creativity ? Just let the work to be done by automatic generative tools. This is the future.
Reminds me of:
I thought using loops was cheating, so I programmed my own using samples. I then thought using samples was cheating, so I recorded real drums. I then thought that programming it was cheating, so I learned to play drums for real. I then thought using bought drums was cheating, so I learned to make my own. I then thought using premade skins was cheating, so I killed a goat and skinned it. I then thought that that was cheating too, so I grew my own goat from a baby goat. I also think that is cheating, but I’m not sure where to go from here. I haven’t made any music lately, what with the goat farming and all.
This debate is as old as time itself. :lol: My personal opinion is that people are free to make music in whichever way they want, it's all valid. You do you.

Rackman

20 Feb 2020

@MattiasHG This is a another great example of listening to your users.

People have been clamouring for a novelty beat-maker for years. It must be one of the most requested features.

• Information