Klarna pay later?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
aeox
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2020

When did this happen? Just noticed.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2020

Klarna has been available in Sweden for as many years as I can remember. Works great. Never seen the divide up payments option though.
Are they using it in the shop now?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2020

MrFigg wrote:
05 Feb 2020
Klarna has been available in Sweden for as many years as I can remember. Works great. Never seen the divide up payments option though.
Yessir it's in the shop :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2020

aeox wrote:
06 Feb 2020
MrFigg wrote:
05 Feb 2020
Yessir it's in the shop :D
Hmm. Wonder if it will show the amount in SEK before pressing the purchase button. I hate the fact that I live in Sweden but still have to pay in Euros which incurs a conversion fee...then obviously Propellerheads convert the Euros back into SEK. Wish I could just Swish them haha. (Swish is another payment transfer method here which goes from bank to bank via an app. Three button presses and you’re done. )
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

06 Feb 2020

Just my point of view but I see this as predating on the poor. Well off people don't need this. It is credit and it brings financial pressure IMO. Not a problem for stable, secure people but not everyone is.

Ooh shiny shiny, please be mine.

It's a cynical pov I know but it's how I view it.

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2020

Zac wrote:
06 Feb 2020
Just my point of view but I see this as predating on the poor. Well off people don't need this. It is credit and it brings financial pressure IMO. Not a problem for stable, secure people but not everyone is.

Right! I don't see myself using this but I don't mind it. If people can't use their credit responsibly then it's their problem :P

howtobecalm

06 Feb 2020

i dont see it on there in uk

Jackjackdaw

06 Feb 2020

Niklas Agevik announced it on Twitter the other day. Said it was for U.S. customers.

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Feb 2020

Jackjackdaw wrote:
06 Feb 2020
Niklas Agevik announced it on Twitter the other day. Said it was for U.S. customers.
Makes sense, our entire nation is basically running on debt :lol:

Yonatan

06 Feb 2020

Dept is the oil of the whole machinery. Especially our human ecological dept.

Agree it is a bit dangeraous these things. What happend to Rent to own a RE, isnt that better as one can pause it?

howtobecalm

06 Feb 2020

Yonatan wrote:
06 Feb 2020

Agree it is a bit dangeraous these things. What happend to Rent to own a RE, isnt that better as one can pause it?
think that would be better if u could pay the minimum each month and more if you wanted too £7.99 a month takes forever.

Proboscis

06 Feb 2020

Zac wrote:
06 Feb 2020

This is no different to Propellerhead's 'Rent to Own' though, is it ? Although I always thought that was a sham business model, since the items on R2O were for full priced RE's that go on sale twice a year anyway, at 50% off.

Yonatan

07 Feb 2020

howtobecalm wrote:
06 Feb 2020
Yonatan wrote:
06 Feb 2020

think that would be better if u could pay the minimum each month and more if you wanted too £7.99 a month takes forever.
Yes, it would be good to choose how fast you want to "rent to pay", agree that it takes forever, so I never do that.

ltbrunt00

07 Feb 2020

This is nice if your purchasing the Reason Studio base or Suite. I with other companies that have expensive products like Spitfire Audio would have something like this.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

QVprod

08 Feb 2020

Zac wrote:
06 Feb 2020
Just my point of view but I see this as predating on the poor. Well off people don't need this. It is credit and it brings financial pressure IMO.
Not really. It’s only 4 payments, all within 2 weeks of each other, so it’s extremely short term. And interest free. In the US most jobs pay every 2 weeks. Credit cards are far worse.

• Information