Transfer from old laptop to new pc

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ozirohc

31 Jan 2020

Is there any way to transfer the files on my laptop to my new pc build? I would hate to have to redo everything step by step in my new computer. Thanks.

Busta US

31 Jan 2020

Ozirohc wrote:
31 Jan 2020
Is there any way to transfer the files on my laptop to my new pc build? I would hate to have to redo everything step by step in my new computer. Thanks.
Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud (mac), Wetransfer ? You want to transfer pc files ? Or do you mean license transferring ? If license you can deauthorize your current PC/Mac and authorize Reason again on your PC :thumbs_up:

Oquasec

31 Jan 2020

Transfer cables.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Ozirohc

31 Jan 2020

Busta US wrote:
31 Jan 2020
Ozirohc wrote:
31 Jan 2020
Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud (mac), Wetransfer ? You want to transfer pc files ? Or do you mean license transferring ? If license you can deauthorize your current PC/Mac and authorize Reason again on your PC :thumbs_up:
The pc files of stuff I have already made. Sorry for the confusion.

Busta US

31 Jan 2020

Ozirohc wrote:
31 Jan 2020
Busta US wrote:
31 Jan 2020

The pc files of stuff I have already made. Sorry for the confusion.
No worries :) If you have transfer cables like above mentioned (or an external hard drive, of course) that would be great. If not, I highly recommend you zip/rar the files you want to transfer and upload them to Google Drive (the most convenient imo), you could do that through Wetransfer or TransferXL, but there's a freemium size limit.

If you have many files you could zip them part by part (part 1, 2, 3, etc...) and upload them on G-Drive.

I think this is the best way.

Oquasec

31 Jan 2020

Enable AES, input 11-100 character password then backup to Carbonite, Gdrive or Mega.
Mega and carbonite are super tight
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Ozirohc

31 Jan 2020

Found a solution. Usb drive works perfect. Thank you all for your time.

• Information