Basic Audio Editing question

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

26 Jan 2020

Hi

If I have a 4 bar audio file and double click it, I enter slice edit mode. Is it impossible to remove sections in the slice edit mode?

For example
If I make a cut at beginning of bar 4 in slice edit mode, I cant delete that bar section unless i come out of slice edit mode and back to in-line mode

Cheers
Graeme

motuscott

26 Jan 2020

Correct, you cannot remove a section in slice edit mode. It is possible in the sequencer at the clip level.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

EnochLight

26 Jan 2020

graeme75 wrote:
26 Jan 2020
Hi

If I have a 4 bar audio file and double click it, I enter slice edit mode. Is it impossible to remove sections in the slice edit mode?

For example
If I make a cut at beginning of bar 4 in slice edit mode, I cant delete that bar section unless i come out of slice edit mode and back to in-line mode

Cheers
Graeme
Pro tip: while in slice edit mode, select the slice marker where you want the clip cut (make sure the arrow is black), right-click and select "split at slices". It will automatically split the clip where you want and pop you out to clip edit mode so you can delete the sections you want. You can also select multiple slices to cut the entire clip up at any or all slice marker points, allowing you to easily re-arrange the clip. Pretty fun!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

motuscott

26 Jan 2020

There you go...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information