What is the ONE feature you'd like to have in the future version of Reason ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
orthodox
RE Developer

16 Feb 2020

Are you guys crazy?

One of the great features of Reason is that it separates concepts of a track and an audio channel. Unlike other DAWs where they try to draw that correspondence even where it is totally irrelevant. In Reason, you have tracks for devices that have nothing to do with audio, and the other way, you can have mix channels and instruments playing into them without any track in the sequencer. These are just completely different things. On one hand, a set of instructions on the timeline for some music box, and on the other hand, audio channels, which may be many or may not be at all for that music box.

Proboscis

16 Feb 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Ok. Well I'm simple man. It's very likely that function has never been of any use for me then.
I'm incredibly uninterested in the all the technical/routing aspects of Reason (I know I picked the wrong DAW :lol: ). All I want is for the channel to shut up or be heard when I tell it to, in whatever window I happen to be in at the moment. Wish there was some sort of option in Reason to make it so, like a "Dumbass mode" or something. That would be on my R12 wishlist.
As usual, there's the mountains of 'Reason is fine just the way it it' criticism when anybody dares suggest Reason's shortcomings. But I'm with you on this one.

If I'm working in the sequencer, and want to mute/solo a track, all good. But wait - the mixer has different mute/solo paramaters, so I need to go to the console to unmute everything first. I get that there are different relationships, but a simple 'link mute/solo' icon on the transport might solve this.

Or... Im in the Rack window, and want to bulk unmute. Oh wait, I have to do it one by one, or go to the console window. Why not have a global mute / unmute in the transport bar, as it appears in the master control strip.

Maybe this isn't so much of an issue for single-screen user who permanently have all three Reason Windows visible all the time. But when using two monitors, and three independent full sized screens, it's a bit of a pain.

PhillipOrdonez

16 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
16 Feb 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Ok. Well I'm simple man. It's very likely that function has never been of any use for me then.
I'm incredibly uninterested in the all the technical/routing aspects of Reason (I know I picked the wrong DAW :lol: ). All I want is for the channel to shut up or be heard when I tell it to, in whatever window I happen to be in at the moment. Wish there was some sort of option in Reason to make it so, like a "Dumbass mode" or something. That would be on my R12 wishlist.
As usual, there's the mountains of 'Reason is fine just the way it it' criticism when anybody dares suggest Reason's shortcomings. But I'm with you on this one.

If I'm working in the sequencer, and want to mute/solo a track, all good. But wait - the mixer has different mute/solo paramaters, so I need to go to the console to unmute everything first. I get that there are different relationships, but a simple 'link mute/solo' icon on the transport might solve this.

Or... Im in the Rack window, and want to bulk unmute. Oh wait, I have to do it one by one, or go to the console window. Why not have a global mute / unmute in the transport bar, as it appears in the master control strip.

Maybe this isn't so much of an issue for single-screen user who permanently have all three Reason Windows visible all the time. But when using two monitors, and three independent full sized screens, it's a bit of a pain.
I would think it is a bigger issue for us who work in single screens though.

Creativemind

16 Feb 2020

Proboscis wrote:
16 Feb 2020
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Feb 2020

With you on this one. Gets on your nerves. A Sync all Windows icon on the transport would be great. The other thing that annoys me is the browsers not being sync-able. If I navigate to say some Thor pad patches in the sequencer then I go to the rack, that browser is somewhere else. While we're at, allowing the on-screen piano keys window to be docked into the transport or minimized but still remaining active would be a blessing too. Gets in the way. Those 3 features would streamline Reason so much and how hard could it be to code? I know people say all the many aspects of implementing feature isn't as easy as just let's code that but surely it'd only take a day or 2?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

TheDragonborg

16 Feb 2020

Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2020
Proboscis wrote:
16 Feb 2020

With you on this one. Gets on your nerves. A Sync all Windows icon on the transport would be great. The other thing that annoys me is the browsers not being sync-able. If I navigate to say some Thor pad patches in the sequencer then I go to the rack, that browser is somewhere else. While we're at, allowing the on-screen piano keys window to be docked into the transport or minimized but still remaining active would be a blessing too. Gets in the way. Those 3 features would streamline Reason so much and how hard could it be to code? I know people say all the many aspects of implementing feature isn't as easy as just let's code that but surely it'd only take a day or 2?
One thing I really hate is that if I output SSL mixer channels along with device outputs into one of the 14 channel audio mixer devices and then into another mixer channel (like a drums buss, bus? IDFK lol) and I solo the channel the rack mixer is playing into and it mutes the SSL mixer channels were going into it. Ugh...

tronam

16 Feb 2020

Track folders!
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

• Information