Reason crashing

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Reasonable man

17 Jan 2020

..on opening (mac)

Is there anything from the crash report i can look for to see what the problem is. I dont know what any of that stuff means. It might as well be klingon to me. Thanks,

Problem started yesterday when i installed my panorama p6 again (clean install) ..It hadn't been used for a few months so i did a clean install of firmware .maps etc. Later that day when it was all sorted i plugged panorama into my mac again before i opened reason.... and reason crashed.
Unfortunatley my Panorama got a few knocks since i last used it and now some of the black keys no longer dont work and the motorized fader goes bezerk ..which is my fault and i will have to replace it , however, since then ..when i open up reason on its own it now just crashes within seconds. Any ideas?

Loque

17 Jan 2020

For you it might "klingon", but quite usefull for a developer. But i had times where crashreports existed, but contained nothing...

If you have something which might be an indicator that could cause problems, than start there first...

I personllly had last week my first BSD (blue screen of death) with Reason. I was kinda shocked...But this could be related to the crappy audio drivers of my sound card.
Reason12, Win10

Reasonable man

17 Jan 2020

Thanks.
Yesterday was a bad day, I felt i had some decent stuff in the project which crashes now when reason opens and i may well end up losing that. I've decided to do what i always do when this happens now . 1/Shut down ..2/close the laptop and 3/leave in the corner for 5 hours and then open it again and problems magically dissapear!

A tried and tested fool-poof techniique!

RandyEspoda

23 Jan 2020

Next time try emptying the scratchdisk. This could be due to something reason was caching, so the problem was recursive.

You can find the location of the scratchdisk in the advanced options in reason.

• Information