Refill Unpacker?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2019

Was wondering if there’s any way to extract batch samples from refills without having to drag them individually into the sequencer, cut ‘em up and bounce them to audio. I have some recollection of mention of a refill unpacker. Anybody know where this might be obtainable. Thanks :)

Or failing that...is there an easy and quick way to do it that anyone can tell me :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Proboscis

27 Dec 2019

That would be seriously great. A couple of months back I organised my far-too-many ReFills, and deleted around 1/2 of them forever (a bit of my own downsizing project, but there are still some packs that are contained together with all sorts of categories that do not fall under any particular category that I created. If anyone were to build one, and sell it for a reasonable price, say 10 dollars, I would buy. However I'm not sure how popular ReFills are these days, so I don't know if that proposed price would cover the work to be put in to coding an app for this purpose.

MrFigg, and other readers, how do you have your ReFills organised ? Here is my folder:

>
refills.PNG
refills.PNG (5.77 KiB) Viewed 3656 times

xboix

27 Dec 2019

The old refill unpacker can still unpack lots of stuff but is not perfect and is probably not quite legal. I have it installed on a Windows XP virtual machine running in VirtualBox, along with Rebirth and a few other "old" music utilities. Rebirth is still a lot of fun.

Rising Night Wave

27 Dec 2019

I was just thinking about that ReFill unpacker. Was wondering if there is any. So there is none, unless using that one xboix mentioned. I am not into virtual machines so for me this is no go.

Hm. It would be interesting if Reason Studios would make such an app or anybody else.

Damn... there is always a "but!". C!
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

DrGOA®

28 Dec 2019

Refill is closed format.
So there will be no unpacker.
There is an old app called "Refll Viewer", but it works only with old reills.

• Information