Arturia Analog Lab 4 Crashing Reason

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
BlueEddie

Post 13 Dec 2019

Hi All,

Since I recently upgraded my Arturia V Collection 6 (not to V7 just the latest version of V6), their Analog Lab 4 product will crash Reason whenever I try to open a file that uses that VST. Is anyone else seeing this? It used to work fine, and is definitely Analog Lab 4 as if I uninstall it everything works fine (although of course track using AL4 won't work). I haven't upgraded to the latest macOS (Catalina) could that be it?

Anyone else seeing this and have any solutions?

Thanks.

Loque

Post 13 Dec 2019

Did not tried yet, but this is sadly the general experience with VSTs...You should also contact Arturia in case they have changed something or introduced a bug. You can check the Reason log folder if they have any dumps or logs.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Despondo

Post 13 Dec 2019

I have V7 and updated all today to the latest version. I opened up Analog Lab 4 without any crashes. Must be related to the fact you are still on V6? I'd contact Arturia about this as Loque suggested.

selig

Post 13 Dec 2019

I've been using V7 for a few weeks with the latest version of Reason and all is rock solid.
Selig Audio, LLC

Jackjackdaw

Post 13 Dec 2019

I just got v7 on bf. Had one crash but otherwise it's been fine. My biggest issue was using instances of Analog lab in a project and having them revert back to a piano sound after reloading. There is a thread about it on the Arturia forum, some thing to do with the set list feature and program change.

JdA57

Post 13 Dec 2019

BlueEddie wrote:
13 Dec 2019
Hi All,

Since I recently upgraded my Arturia V Collection 6 (not to V7 just the latest version of V6), their Analog Lab 4 product will crash Reason whenever I try to open a file that uses that VST. Is anyone else seeing this? It used to work fine, and is definitely Analog Lab 4 as if I uninstall it everything works fine (although of course track using AL4 won't work). I haven't upgraded to the latest macOS (Catalina) could that be it?

Anyone else seeing this and have any solutions?

Thanks.
No problems here too : MAC, Reason 10.4d4 / AnlogLab 4 (4.1.0.3413)

There is no different between AnalogLab from V Collection 6 to 7.

You can update Analog-Lab 4 seperate to the same status like in VCol. 7

BlueEddie

Post 14 Dec 2019

Thanks All for the responses :-) I'll log a case with Arturia and see where that gets me...

buddard

Post 14 Dec 2019

I'm having the same problem!

I recently upgraded to Collection V7, and Analog Lab 4 crashes Reason every time.

I'm on macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra), and tried it in both Reason 10 and 11.

toramusic

Post 23 Mar 2020

Hey guys,

I just updated to Analog Lab 4 last night and to my great dismay every time I pulled the VST into the rack the session would immediately crash. I performed a series of re-installs and restarts without much luck and was beginning to make moves to disable System Integrity Protection as I saw some potential issues in the crash log... However ! Good news is that I thought I would I'd open the VST in Ableton to see if it was Arturia's software acting up or Reason and Ableton DID open the VST without any issues. So, I closed Ableton and tried again in Reason and it's now working perfectly... Strange times indeed. Perhaps it was a pathway issue and Ableton was able to fix or re-categorise something? Anyway hope this helps some of you.

BlueEddie

Post 24 Mar 2020

Hi All - Arturia released an update a little while ago 4.1.1.3554 (for Analog Labs) which either corrected this problem for me or it was corrected some other way as I don't have this issue any more now. Thanks.

• Information