Authorizer crash!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Scheff

09 Dec 2019

Dear Reason lovers!

It happened to me 10 days ago that I wanted to download an RE and was confronted with an authorizer crash. Authorizer appeared very short and disappeared again.

Error code:
Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000700007062000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

I contacted reasonstudios 6 days ago but no response so far. It seems that their customer support is not in their "golden times".

Anybody else that was confronted with the same issue?
Reason 11, MacBook Pro

EnochLight

09 Dec 2019

Scheff wrote:
09 Dec 2019
Anybody else that was confronted with the same issue?
Never had Authorizer crash on me, not even in beta. Are you PC or Mac? Might try uninstalling Reason/Authorizer and reinstalling it, as that installs Authorizer along with it.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

09 Dec 2019

I regular have problems after a windows update. Reinstall Authorizer helps most of the time.
Reason12, Win10

Scheff

10 Dec 2019

Thank you for your comments EnochLight and Loque!

I have Reason 11 installed on a MACBook. Is there maybe someone in the community with a Mac having the same issues?

I tried to reinstall Authorizer but even that fails.
Reason 11, MacBook Pro

JdA57

10 Dec 2019

Scheff wrote:
10 Dec 2019
Thank you for your comments EnochLight and Loque!

I have Reason 11 installed on a MACBook. Is there maybe someone in the community with a Mac having the same issues?

I tried to reinstall Authorizer but even that fails.
you deinstalled old versions aof authorizer before? Please do.

can only speculate (missing informations) :roll:

- which browser you using at that moment. Here was a problem only with firefox, and I'd to say firefox exactly how to handle autorizer (since versions this year was blocked again and again by firefox). And (but only!) one time it results in a crash ... (but don't remember crash-messeges)

- maybe; start the codemeter-software and maybe check for an update. It's long ago, but it crashed because that, and because I'd to update the dongle-Sys. both can be done with the codemeter-software.

- a simple thing- if you using dongle: change USB-Port ...

EnochLight

10 Dec 2019

MacOS Catalina?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Scheff

10 Dec 2019

Dear JdA57 and EnochLight

Thank you for your help and please excuse the missing information.

@JdA57: I reinstalled Authorizer and installed the newest version of the Codemeter software (downloaded on RS website).
@EnochLight: MacOS Mojave

Is it normal in your experience that Reasonstudios support is very slow responding? I am now waiting 8 days without any response.
Reason 11, MacBook Pro

EnochLight

11 Dec 2019

Scheff wrote:
10 Dec 2019
@EnochLight: MacOS Mojave

Is it normal in your experience that Reasonstudios support is very slow responding? I am now waiting 8 days without any response.
Seems to be the norm these days, especially at this time of year. Maybe submit a second request and check your spam filters?

Scheff

13 Dec 2019

Thank you, EnochLight I appreciate your help!

I checked the status of the ticket on reasonstudios website, unchanged since 11 days now.

I'll check out Logic Pro X meanwhile...
Reason 11, MacBook Pro

• Information