Remote keyboard control groups ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
visheshl

08 Dec 2019

So i recently made a TouchOSC based midi controller.
Basicall remote works by controlling groups.
I could make buttons to select different groups. That was simple.
But theres another kind of groups called keyboard control groups, i dont know how to change these groups from the computer keyboard. Anyone has any idea how to ?

Does someone have a midi controller which controls varios groups...how do you select which group to control with the computer keyboard?

rmtcvolte

08 Dec 2019

Basicaly every Midi Button is mappable to switch groups, I use it on my BCR2000, BCF2000 and PCR-30.

A good example could be the following, in the BCR2000.remotemap:

"Scope Propellerheads Mixer 14:2
// Control Surface Item Key Remotable Item Scale Mode Group
Define Group Channels Ch1-7 Ch8-14

Map Preset Left Button Channels=Ch1-7
Map Preset Right Button Channels=Ch8-14"

According to the manual for version 10 (s. 573), "Remote basics - About mapping variations":

"For devices that support keyboard shortcuts, you switch between mapping variations by holding down [Ctrl]+
[Alt](Win) or [Cmd]+[Option](Mac) and press the numerical keys [1] to [10] (not the numerical keypad), where
[1] selects the default standard mapping.

How many mapping variations are available depends on the control surface and the Reason device selected. The
variation selected will stay active until you switch MIDI input to another device (or select another variation). If you
switch back to the same device it will have its default standard mapping (variation [1]).

For control surfaces that have dedicated controls for selecting mapping variations these are used instead of
keyboard shortcuts."

visheshl

08 Dec 2019

Yea im aware of mapping groups with controller buttons, but i wanted to know how to change groups with computer keyboard, I'll test Cmd]+[Option](Mac) and press the numerical keys [1] to [10] (not the numerical keypad), thank you i was looking for the keyboard shortcuts

• Information