reason on new 16inch macbook pro

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stp2015

07 Dec 2019

I got mine yesterday (8 core version) and reason seems to be running ok in terms of the sound engine. However, rack-scrolling is very very bad. I am not exaggerating: Between moving the mouse and actually seeing the movement of the rack at least one full second passes. How can I improve this? All drivers are up to date, and this is the reason 10.4 with the Catalina fix.

moneykube

07 Dec 2019

oh my... been thinking of getting new computer... so mac is still having issues??? terrible nes for you and others
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

chimp_spanner

07 Dec 2019

stp2015 wrote:
07 Dec 2019
I got mine yesterday (8 core version) and reason seems to be running ok in terms of the sound engine. However, rack-scrolling is very very bad. I am not exaggerating: Between moving the mouse and actually seeing the movement of the rack at least one full second passes. How can I improve this? All drivers are up to date, and this is the reason 10.4 with the Catalina fix.
Have you tried setting the display colour profile to RGB instead of Colour LCD? I know this was something that was fixed in 11. Maybe the change necessary for Catalina was applied to 10.4, but not the display issue.

stp2015

07 Dec 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
07 Dec 2019
Have you tried setting the display colour profile to RGB instead of Colour LCD? I know this was something that was fixed in 11. Maybe the change necessary for Catalina was applied to 10.4, but not the display issue.
It does not have a color profile called "RGB", but it does have "Adobe RGB". Tried that one, but didn't help unfortunately. Are you on a mac and not experiencing any problems? Thanks.

estuary

07 Dec 2019

Do you run Reason in low-resolution mode ?

FiatLux

07 Dec 2019

I am running Reason Suite on a new 16 inch MacBook.
No problem with Rack scrolling on my end.
I have had problem with Catalina recognizing certain VSTs in Reason. Same VSTs work fine in other DAWs in Catalina.

Steedus
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2019

Mac user here too. You have to run reason in low resolution mode in order for it to scroll smoothly. Sad but it’s been that way for years I believe.

moneykube

08 Dec 2019

Steedus wrote:
07 Dec 2019
Mac user here too. You have to run reason in low resolution mode in order for it to scroll smoothly. Sad but it’s been that way for years I believe.
I am amazed that this is still a thing after so many years... like RS what u doing... donuts?
(edit)... I know ... u turns... make things disappear while ignoring major issues like this... oooooh... vst... pretty... so pretty... my precious... come on now ... fix your code already... do what u said 6 versions ago... oh ya... terms of agreement say you don't have to do a damn thing you say. :thumbs_down: Sweeet. :thumbs_down:,,, yet those terns did not always say that did they?... what happened? I really like the addition sold as is.... what a disgusting cop out ! Many of your users are actually older with failing eye sight... so we buy glasses.... giant monitors... and yet to operate... low rez... still blurry... guess we be waiting for reason VR which won't work as advertised either. wow
:roll: :thumbs_down: :exclamation:.... heard from a bird 4k... lol... can't even do normal high rez... glad your priorities line up with reality :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

stp2015

09 Dec 2019

I am not using in low resolution mode, and I don't know what that is. I know there are apps that you can download from the app store that allow you to change the resolution of the entire operating system, but that seems really annoying. Is that really the only solution?

moneykube

09 Dec 2019

only solution yes... no external app needed... click get info and then click open in low rez... and then put on glasses or use a magnifying glass ... also change monitor resolution to RGB.
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 5.00.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 5.00.01 PM.png (171.7 KiB) Viewed 1448 times

stp2015

09 Dec 2019

Wow, don't know what to say. First, to you, thanks for explaining, scrolling is now completely smooth. Second, Reason Studios, come on. Matthias, come on. Make a statement about this, say when you will fix it. A frickin' 8 core cpu with 32gb of ram and an 8gb graphics card is not enough to make Reason usable? I need to go back to gameboy resolution to use Reason?

You even show iMacs in your ads. That's misleading advertising.

moneykube

09 Dec 2019

your welcome..."You even show iMacs in your ads. That's misleading advertising."
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 6.34.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 6.34.39 PM.png (597.86 KiB) Viewed 1418 times

They can promise anything they like and according to these terms... that is legal supposedly. It is not the first , nor will it be the last time they mislead people ... and in the terms... if we believe them... then that's on us lol

dboy18

23 Jan 2020

I am also totally flabbergasted. Om my 10 year old imac, reason 10 is scrolling silk smoothly. Om my new macbook pro 16inch i7 {base configuration} it is all but unusable. How can that even be possible? Would an upgrade to 11 be of any help? I really, really want to continue using reason...

Heater

23 Jan 2020

dboy18 wrote:
23 Jan 2020
I am also totally flabbergasted. Om my 10 year old imac, reason 10 is scrolling silk smoothly. Om my new macbook pro 16inch i7 {base configuration} it is all but unusable. How can that even be possible? Would an upgrade to 11 be of any help? I really, really want to continue using reason...
Same here. Non retina machines fair a lot better.

Steedus
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2020

dboy18 wrote:
23 Jan 2020
It's nothing to do with the power of the Mac per se, or the version of Reason (though I'm not sure how much older versions of Reason run). It's the Retina (high resolution) display on newer Macs. Something with Reason's graphical engine doesn't like the higher resolution display, so forcing it to run in "Low Resolution mode" fixes the issue.

O1B

23 Jan 2020

Thank you!
Steedus wrote:
23 Jan 2020

It's nothing to do with the power of the Mac per se, or the version of Reason (though I'm not sure how much older versions of Reason run). It's the Retina (high resolution) display on newer Macs. Something with Reason's graphical engine doesn't like the higher resolution display, so forcing it to run in "Low Resolution mode" fixes the issue.

• Information