Reason 11 Suite (old hand needs updating)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RedSkwirrell

06 Dec 2019

Hi all,
Reason 3 vet. here.
Upgraded a few times then stopped for a few years.

Just returned, with a lot more time to myself, and bought the new Reason 11 Suite.
I wasn't expecting quite as much to have been changed or upgraded.

Just tried to re-locate my new R11 Refills folder, and sync it with my old refills, but I can't find it.
It doesn't appear to be in the same location as my last ver. of Reason (8..?).
Has it been moved or are Refills no more?

Be gutted if not.
Spent a lot of time putting my old ones together.
:)
Reason 11.2 Suite; M-Audio Code61.
Intel i9-9900k 4.9GHz; ASUS PRIME Z390-A; 2x32GB Corsair LPX 2666MHz; X-Fi Xtreme Music, UAD2 Quad Custom;
Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX650Ti; 3xSSDs; BeQuiet 650W Straight Power; BeQuiet! SILENT 601 (proofed); Windows 10, 64.

DrGOA®

07 Dec 2019

So, you are asking about what?
Soundbanks are located here: "C:\ProgramData\Propellerhead Software\Soundbanks"
Optinal refills are located here: "C:\Users\<User Name>\Music\Propellerhead Content\Optional Refills"

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2019

And your own refills which you’ve bought are located in the same folder they were before you upgraded. Browse to the folder in the browser then add it to your favorites.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

WillyOD

07 Dec 2019

I'm hoping you are not saying that you had your Refills installed under Reason3 subdirectory somewhere and they're gone?! In which case I hope you had a backup of your refills.

Other than that you should be ok, just read the previous messages.
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

DrGOA®

07 Dec 2019

In Reason 11 Suite there is no Refills folder.
And your own refills which you’ve bought are located in the same folder they were before you upgraded. Browse to the folder in the browser then add it to your favorites.
Right!

RedSkwirrell

07 Dec 2019

Thanks all.

No, all old refills (created and purchased) were saved through each upgrade.
Family and work commitments meant I had to leave Reason for a while.

Literally just came back via Reason 11 (Suite), this week.
Went to where the Refill folder used to be on my previous systems (on a different machine as well now) and looked up the folder string they used to be located in, only to find it wasn't listed there now.
Was just wondering what happened and/or where it went.

I was worried that, if it had moved or Refills had been re-classified, I would screw up my installation by creating a new folder or putting them somewhere I shouldn't.
Thought maybe they'd 'transmogrified because of rack-extensions, or something.
This exercise originally came about because I wanted to move all unnecessary files (inc. Refills) from ver.11, onto a spare 'Storage' hard-drive, which I always used to.

From the replies it sounds like maybe I didn't look hard enough though.
Thanks for those and your time.
I shall go and look a bit deeper.
BBS.

:geek:
Intel i9-9900k 4.9GHz; ASUS PRIME Z390-A; 2x32GB Corsair LPX 2666MHz; X-Fi Xtreme Music, UAD2 Quad Custom;
Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX650Ti; 3xSSDs; BeQuiet 650W Straight Power; BeQuiet! SILENT 601 (proofed); Windows 10, 64.

RedSkwirrell

25 Dec 2019

Hi all,
In case anyone else has the same question, I found the file I was after.

It's in my Music folder under:-
C:/ProgramData/Propellerhead Software/Soundbanks (Orkester)
C:/ProgramData/Propellerhead Software/Soundbanks/Reason Suite 11/ (Factory Sounds)

Was in Reason and realised that I could track those refills from inside Reason itself.
Not sure why these files (which were always installed to the same location in my day) are in separate files today, but hey ho.
:puf_bigsmile:

Merry xmas folks.

• Information