Reason 11 Rack vst3 crash my DAW

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GluhovProd

06 Dec 2019

I will write here while the support is silent

When i use AU version of Reason in Presonus S1 v4 - all Rack interfaces in all device have a lot of lag (i mean faders etc.). VST3 version of Reason Rack work fine, but IF i remove instance from S1 (only vst3) - Presonus DAW stop work.

In S1 v3 - AU Reason Rack work fine in all cases. If i try remove Vst3 instance in same version of S1 - DAW stop work. No matter how im Activate Reason 11 - offline or online. I realized what the problem is - Autorization doesn't work correctly. You may see this on screenshot below.

Vst3 version seems to work correctly, but not. Because AU version trys to autorization via internet, even if you do not use it. And, i don't know why, plugins don't remember login information. IF i login with AU rack plugin, i can remove all instance, if i need, all works fine. But without it - S1 v4 stop work. I don't know, why is happens with me?))))) Why ME?))
Im tried to reinstall - Reason 11, Studio One, Authorizer and CodeMeter. Its not works. Please do not say that I need to reinstall Mac OS)))
Attachments
2.png
2.png (597.31 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
3.png
3.png (667.04 KiB) Viewed 4535 times
4.png
4.png (663.81 KiB) Viewed 4535 times

evo2slo

22 Feb 2020

It's not just you.

VST3 Reason Rack 11.2 is consistently crashing both Cubase 10.5.12 and Studio One 4.6.1 on Mac Mojave anytime I remove an instrument or effect instance from a project. It's driving me mad. I submitted a ticket to ReasonStudios, but last time I did that, for a different issue, it took them a long time to respond.

I have tried it with both authorized and unauthorized (online login) Rack plugins and makes no difference. I deleted all preferences and did a clean reinstall of Reason 11.2 and still the same problem.

When I remove the Rack from a project there is a quick blue flash of the mouse cursor and then the spinning beach ball until I force quit the program.

I can save and reload a project that contains VST3 Reason Rack without a problem, and the standalone works fine. It's just when I remove Reason Rack from a project that it crashes.

GluhovProd

23 Feb 2020

evo2slo wrote:
22 Feb 2020
It's not just you.

VST3 Reason Rack 11.2 is consistently crashing both Cubase 10.5.12 and Studio One 4.6.1 on Mac Mojave anytime I remove an instrument or effect instance from a project.
I found a solution, if it can be called a solution to the problem. I don’t know how in Cubase, but in S1 you need to add AU plugin, turn it off and hide it without deleting the instance. Then adding VST3 version, there will be no problems. You can delete any plugin without problems. It's all about the authorization issue, as I understand it.

And about the support - they have not answered me for more than two months! They read and do not answer. This is how company Propellerhead relates to its users. :thumbs_up:

VIVIsect

23 Feb 2020

I'm having regular crashes in Ableton Live (Win 10). When adding an instance of the Rack plugin, the splash screen will appear, and then it will just hang and Live will stop responding. Sometimes when opening a project that has an instance of the Rack, again, splash screen appears, then stops responding.

I hope they get this thing sorted out. As it is, it's not reliable enough for me to bother using it on a serious project.

evo2slo

23 Feb 2020

GluhovProd wrote:
23 Feb 2020
evo2slo wrote:
22 Feb 2020
It's not just you.

VST3 Reason Rack 11.2 is consistently crashing both Cubase 10.5.12 and Studio One 4.6.1 on Mac Mojave anytime I remove an instrument or effect instance from a project.
I found a solution, if it can be called a solution to the problem. I don’t know how in Cubase, but in S1 you need to add AU plugin, turn it off and hide it without deleting the instance. Then adding VST3 version, there will be no problems. You can delete any plugin without problems. It's all about the authorization issue, as I understand it.

And about the support - they have not answered me for more than two months! They read and do not answer. This is how company Propellerhead relates to its users. :thumbs_up:
That's absurd that they haven't answered you yet!

I was able to use your "solution" in Cubase by adding another Reason Rack instrument to a project. As long as there is another instance then deleting a different instrument track with Reason Rack does not cause a crash. I tried with a disabled Reason Rack track and then deleting a second instance but that caused a crash, so unfortunately disabling the Reason Rack instrument does not work, there has to be at least one active Rack in the project to prevent crashing.

As VIVIsect said, definitely not reliable for serious use.

Reason's authorization system is a total mess, and as cool as their new beat map device is, I wish they'd work on fixing killer bugs like these first.

GluhovProd

24 Feb 2020

evo2slo wrote:
23 Feb 2020
Moreover, they read and do not respond. Every time. Every new message!
chrome_kLRgbb5n9Q.png
chrome_kLRgbb5n9Q.png (48.42 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
chrome_IxWrPVTCE7.png
chrome_IxWrPVTCE7.png (41.86 KiB) Viewed 4227 times

GluhovProd

24 Feb 2020

evo2slo wrote:
23 Feb 2020
so unfortunately disabling the Reason Rack instrument does not work, there has to be at least one active Rack in the project to prevent crashing.
I think Cubase works somehow differently than Studio One. In S1, this method works. I created a template with the device turned off and starting a new project like this. It works so far. But this is not a solution to problems, it is a mockery of the workflow.

evo2slo

27 Feb 2020

I just got a response from Reason:
"We're currently looking into this problem and are working on a bug fix.
I can't give you an exact release date right now, though."
So at least we know that they are aware of it.

aeox
Competition Winner

27 Feb 2020

GluhovProd wrote:
24 Feb 2020
evo2slo wrote:
23 Feb 2020
Moreover, they read and do not respond. Every time. Every new message!

chrome_kLRgbb5n9Q.png

chrome_IxWrPVTCE7.png
Be courteous.

They're most likely dealing with many other tickets of the same nature. Why would they want to waste their time dealing with someone with this attitude? It's not very productive IMO.

They've quickly responded to all my tickets or concerns in the passed. Except for one time, years ago, when I was being an asshole. (sorry to whoever was on the other end of that)

Oquasec

29 Feb 2020

That used to happen till I made fresh templates
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

oneixl

28 Apr 2020

evo2slo wrote:
22 Feb 2020
It's not just you.

VST3 Reason Rack 11.2 is consistently crashing both Cubase 10.5.12 and Studio One 4.6.1 on Mac Mojave anytime I remove an instrument or effect instance from a project. It's driving me mad. I submitted a ticket to ReasonStudios, but last time I did that, for a different issue, it took them a long time to respond.

I have tried it with both authorized and unauthorized (online login) Rack plugins and makes no difference. I deleted all preferences and did a clean reinstall of Reason 11.2 and still the same problem.

When I remove the Rack from a project there is a quick blue flash of the mouse cursor and then the spinning beach ball until I force quit the program.

I can save and reload a project that contains VST3 Reason Rack without a problem, and the standalone works fine. It's just when I remove Reason Rack from a project that it crashes.

thank you for posting this because i legit thought i was going crazy. this has been happening to me on cubase 10.5 for what feels like forever now. really hoping we get a fix soon!!

ab459

28 Apr 2020

I never experience crash RP itself in Studio One 4 yet (Win10), but need say had observed couple times crash during St.One4 plugins scan, when he scan Steinberg Groove Agent 5 (with enabled key in usb) and RackPlugin (in one scan session resp), both vst3 resp.
For some reason exactly with GA5 (not with Halion or Padshop, though he as well was scanned)
It seemed to me that between them there is some incompatibility, scanwise. But what strange, during scan they separately, all going without problems.

zhillyard

26 Aug 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
23 Feb 2020
I'm having regular crashes in Ableton Live (Win 10). When adding an instance of the Rack plugin, the splash screen will appear, and then it will just hang and Live will stop responding. Sometimes when opening a project that has an instance of the Rack, again, splash screen appears, then stops responding.

I hope they get this thing sorted out. As it is, it's not reliable enough for me to bother using it on a serious project.
I'm experiencing the same issues. Running Ableton Live 10 on Windows 10, loading the rack plugin appears to only work on newly created midi tracks. When attempting to replace or "hot swap" from a different midi plugin results in rack splash screen appearing, getting stuck, rendering rack and ableton unresponsive and requiring force close.

VIVIsect

29 Aug 2020

I meant to update this thread, but totally forgot.

After doing some searching I ran across a solution (one that worked for me, at least).

Navigate to appdata\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite and delete the "_Reasondata.prf" file. Open your DAW and create an instance of of the Rack plugin. Do NOT click "remember my password" in the Welcome to Reason window if it appears.

After doing that, I haven't had a single crash. Hope it helps someone else!

gavinian

03 Sep 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
29 Aug 2020

After doing some searching I ran across a solution (one that worked for me, at least).

Navigate to appdata\Propellerhead Software\Reason Suite and delete the "_Reasondata.prf" file. Open your DAW and create an instance of of the Rack plugin. Do NOT click "remember my password" in the Welcome to Reason window if it appears.

Thank You ... that seems to be working for me !

DarrenTomlyn

07 Sep 2020

VIVIsect wrote:
29 Aug 2020

Can confirm that this worked for me too. Thanks!

• Information