Downloaded Rack Extensions Not Staying

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Nerveclinic

05 Dec 2019

Hi I contacted support, but that might take a while. I thought maybe someone here has had this issue and can help.

I went to load a song and got an error message that rack extensions are missing. There is no reason they should be missing I purchased them and they have been used for years. Go to the site and download them. Authorizer shows them downloading, says it was successful, tell me to reload Reason. I quit Reason and reboot the song. All the effects and synths that had just been downloaded are shown as missing again.

Also hit the sync all files button on your website and another 25 or so items needed to be reloaded. Not sure if they are going to stick.

Any ideas?

I think I will delete Reason and reload it brand new from the website.

Aquila

06 Dec 2019

In the past I had an antivirus go rogue and start deleting rack extension files without asking. Perhaps a similar thing is happening here?

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Aquila wrote:
06 Dec 2019
In the past I had an antivirus go rogue and start deleting rack extension files without asking. Perhaps a similar thing is happening here?
Thanks for the thought but I use a Mac and don't use antivirus software.

Maybe I've gotten an actual virus for the first time since I have been using a Mac in 2006? I guess that might be possible?

Loque

06 Dec 2019

Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Dec 2019
... don't use antivirus software.
Yea, this could be part of the problem. But tbh, i have not enough information to even make a reasonable guess, only vague speculations...
Reason12, Win10

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Dec 2019
... don't use antivirus software.
Yea, this could be part of the problem. But tbh, i have not enough information to even make a reasonable guess, only vague speculations...
I'll happily provide any more information needed if it will help.

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Well things just got more interesting. The problem is with my desk top. I just synced my laptop (Which I don't normally use with Reason), and it is not having the same problem.

I'm thinking I need to wipe my desktop completely and reload the operating system and start fresh?

Or I could try an anti virus and see if that solves the issue?

Do any Mac owners use an anti virus and if so can you recommend?

Thanks.

DrGOA®

06 Dec 2019

I don't have a Mac, but on Windows rack extensions are stored here: "C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions".
Look in which folder they are stored on Mac.
If folder is empy - no REs are downloaded.
Try to download them again.
They must appear in that folder.

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
06 Dec 2019
I don't have a Mac, but on Windows rack extensions are stored here: "C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions".
Look in which folder they are stored on Mac.
If folder is empy - no REs are downloaded.
Try to download them again.
They must appear in that folder.
Oh I've downloaded them 4-5 times. Authorizer showed them as downloaded, told me to restart Reason which I did. When I loaded the song again, they were gone.

DrGOA®

06 Dec 2019

So, maybe a virus delete them.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

Sounds like you are not authorised correctly.
Do you login or is the Mac authorised?

Personally I would removed the .cache files from the RE location and sync all, they will be rewritten.
macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/RackExtensions

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019

Personally I would removed the .cache files from the RE location and sync all, they will be rewritten.
I log in. That can't be the problem because it's only happening to 1/3rd of the rack extensions. It's not happening with Reason itself or many other extensions. And it's the same ones over and over.

On another note Reason support did not respond to my emails that I sent yesterday, so I heard into the weekend without their help. What else is new?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019

I log in. That can't be the problem because it's only happening to 1/3rd of the rack extensions. It's not happening with Reason itself or many other extensions. And it's the same ones over and over.

On another note Reason support did not respond to my emails that I sent yesterday, so I heard into the weekend without their help. What else is new?
Did you send emails or raise a support ticket? You need to raise a support ticket, you should get a reply in about 5 working business days.

Did you try the .cache files?

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019

Did you send emails or raise a support ticket? You need to raise a support ticket, you should get a reply in about 5 working business days.

Did you try the .cache files?
First I raised a support ticket. Then I followed up with additional information by email...so both.

I've been with Reason since version 3 and have spent many thousands of dollars with them. I expect them to get back to a customer who has spent so much money with them quickly just like any business would.

I haven't checked cached files I've been out all day at work but I will look now.

Thanks

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019

I went to the location you mentioned. There is no folder for rack extensions.
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 7.54.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-06 at 7.54.11 PM.png (42.86 KiB) Viewed 1455 times

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Rack Extension folder was hidden. I found it using this.

https://www.noterepeat.com/articles/how ... ry-folders

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Dec 2019

My bad, I'm a PC user and assumed all Mac users knew how to access hidden folders..
The user (~) Library folder is hidden by default. To open it, press the Option key while opening the "Go" menu in Finder, then select "Library".

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Dec 2019

My bad, I'm a PC user and assumed all Mac users knew how to access hidden folders..
The user (~) Library folder is hidden by default. To open it, press the Option key while opening the "Go" menu in Finder, then select "Library".
Hey Poohbear I really do appreciate you taking the time to give me some help.

I've deleted the rack extensions and reloading now.

I do feel silly calling you pooh bear though...gotta admit.

Thanks!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019

Hey Poohbear I really do appreciate you taking the time to give me some help.

I've deleted the rack extensions and reloading now.

I do feel silly calling you pooh bear though...gotta admit.

Thanks!
I use to be a big gamer, use to crack me up on the chat with people complaining that PoohBear just killed them again or when the game would say "PoohBear is on a killer spree" LOL..

I meant only delete the .cache files not all the RE's. Depending on how many you have (I have over 45 GB) it could take a while.

Nerveclinic

06 Dec 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019

I use to be a big gamer, use to crack me up on the chat with people complaining that PoohBear just killed them again or when the game would say "PoohBear is on a killer spree" LOL..

I meant only delete the .cache files not all the RE's. Depending on how many you have (I have over 45 GB) it could take a while.
I guess I don't know what a cache file is lol. I deleted all of them (The whole RE). I have a lot also but super fast internet 250 MBPS

Holding my breath it seems to have done the trick!

Gold star for you sir.

Thanks for your help and keeping fingers crossed.

Nerveclinic

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

Nerveclinic wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
06 Dec 2019

I guess I don't know what a cache file is lol. I deleted all of them (The whole RE). I have a lot also but super fast internet 250 MBPS

Holding my breath it seems to have done the trick!

Gold star for you sir.

Thanks for your help and keeping fingers crossed.

Nerveclinic
My paws are crossed, good luck :D

• Information