MIDI CC problem with VST's

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jugger

05 Dec 2019

Hi,

I'm trying to assign some MIDI CC's to Kontakt instruments and other VST's inside Reason but it seems that the only CC's Kontakt is receiving are CC1, CC2 and CC11. So basically Mod wheel, breath and expression.

With other DAWs this works totally fine so the problem is only with Reason. Also, if adding Reason native device and using Remote override mapping, it is clear that Reason does receive those other CC messages from my controller but it just doesn't work with VST's.

With some VST's, I can use remote override mapping by clicking the approriate "Remote" icon and then the parameter, which opens the override mapping window. But this doesn't work with everything. For example, when using 8DIO orchestral instruments and clicking the parameter, the override window doesn't open so I have no idea how to assign other than those three controllers to parameters.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? How can those other CC's be activated for use with VST's?

jugger

05 Dec 2019

It seems that the remote override function works for those Kontakt instruments that are Kontakt player ready (those which show up in the "libraries" tab) but the ones that require the full Kontakt version doesn't react to override mapping. This is weird...

• Information