time to transfer a licence?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eudopia

04 Dec 2019

i've purchased a licence of Reason 10 from another user on here and know that the transfer request was made on Friday 22nd Nov - nearly 2 weeks ago.

RS have said that they're behind due to release of 11.1 but does it usually take this long to sort out a simple transfer?

Biolumin3sc3nt

04 Dec 2019

We all know They're slow at times, but that would warrant some immediate response.

I would sincerely be upset about that. Put the pressure on!

VIVIsect

04 Dec 2019

Over the years, I've bought and sold multiple Reason licenses and the longest a transfer has ever taken has been a week. It usually goes through in a day or two, excluding weekends. I would definitely keep hounding RS about it.

eudopia

04 Dec 2019

RS state that they will only talk to the licence holder so will they take any notice of me? i'll send them a message via the contact form.

i do know that the seller has been in touch with them a number of times and they simply said that they would do it as soon as possible.

not a great first experience with RS... i don't expect any favours from anyone these days but a basic level of service would be good.

EnochLight

04 Dec 2019

eudopia wrote:
04 Dec 2019
RS state that they will only talk to the licence holder so will they take any notice of me? i'll send them a message via the contact form.

i do know that the seller has been in touch with them a number of times and they simply said that they would do it as soon as possible.

not a great first experience with RS... i don't expect any favours from anyone these days but a basic level of service would be good.
Well, to be fair - as far as RS is concerned, you're not a customer - at least not one that owns a license they can discuss. I'd just keep badgering the seller to keep contacting Reason Studios to get the transfer complete. The last 2 weeks have likely been RS's busiest retail time during the entire year, so I don't doubt their support is literally buried in support requests right now.

That said, if it's not cleared up within the week (which would make it 3 weeks from your end?) I'd probably insist the seller gives you your money back and cancel the transfer. Hopefully they're not a shady MF'er that just took your money and ran.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information