Small Sampler window keeps popping up

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Teknolab

04 Dec 2019

Whenever, in the sequencer, I select a device that can contain samples, that little window pops up and I have to close it or I'll loose an already loaded sample. For the life of me I can't figure out why this is the case, as it is quite annoying within my way of using Reason. Looking at the settings and the help, I can't find a way to prevent this from happening. Am I overlooking something (I hope so…)?

Seckin

04 Dec 2019

This is a new feature that signals your current samples are not on par with industry standards and that you should replace them :puf_bigsmile:
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

Teknolab

04 Dec 2019

Well, that would be paradoxical because I'm using Reason's own Drum Supply. :shock:

diminished
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2019

Can you post a screenshot? I have no idea what you're referring to!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

04 Dec 2019

THis should not happened. Did you clicked the button? I always click the wrong button if i want to load a sample...
Reason12, Win10

Teknolab

04 Dec 2019

Just discovered it only happens with my midi control surface on.

So in this example the "Thor 1" was selected. I then clicked at the location of the green dot in the sequencer to select the "Kong 1". Then the Sampler windows pops up and starts recording.

Loque

04 Dec 2019

Clean your controller or change the remote control.
Reason12, Win10

Teknolab

04 Dec 2019

I vacuum my controller regularly. :mrgreen: No seriously, what do you mean by cleaning? Changing is not an option, I only have 1 midi control surface.

Loque

04 Dec 2019

Teknolab wrote:
04 Dec 2019
I vacuum my controller regularly. :mrgreen: No seriously, what do you mean by cleaning? Changing is not an option, I only have 1 midi control surface.
Your kidding was right ;)

Clean it...polish, wipe, groom, hoover...If they are dusty, they can permanently send signals...
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

04 Dec 2019

Teknolab wrote:
04 Dec 2019
Just discovered it only happens with my midi control surface on.

So in this example the "Thor 1" was selected. I then clicked at the location of the green dot in the sequencer to select the "Kong 1". Then the Sampler windows pops up and starts recording.

Your issue is the MIDI settings or controller you're using - Reason is being sent something to trigger the sample record to activate when you do that (which obviously is not your desired action). Did you do any Remote overrides? Check your MIDI controllers under Reason's Preferences and make sure you don't have a duplicate setup. Does this anomaly occur when your MIDI controller is turned off/not connected?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Teknolab

04 Dec 2019

According to some guide, I coupled my M-Audio Code 61 as a combination of:

"Code61 (midi)"
Model: <Other> MIDI Control Keyboard

and

"Code61 (mackie)"
Model: Mackie Control

The first goes through MIDI input "Code 61". The second one has input "MIDIIN3 (Code 61)". Disabling the second one prevents the problem, but leaves me without controls. I get a warning if for that I also choose "Code 61", although the problem disappears and all seems to work. I ended up choosing "MIDIIN2 (Code 61)". No warning, no sampler window popping up, and all controls and keys seem to work.

Thanks for pointing to the right direction!

EnochLight

04 Dec 2019

Teknolab wrote:
04 Dec 2019
According to some guide, I coupled my M-Audio Code 61 as a combination of:

"Code61 (midi)"
Model: <Other> MIDI Control Keyboard

and

"Code61 (mackie)"
Model: Mackie Control

The first goes through MIDI input "Code 61". The second one has input "MIDIIN3 (Code 61)". Disabling the second one prevents the problem, but leaves me without controls. I get a warning if for that I also choose "Code 61", although the problem disappears and all seems to work. I ended up choosing "MIDIIN2 (Code 61)". No warning, no sampler window popping up, and all controls and keys seem to work.

Thanks for pointing to the right direction!
Glad you were able to get it working!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information