Midi controller that controls the patch of instrument sound

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
djs

03 Dec 2019

Is there a midi controller that changes the refill patch with buttons? For example, if Europa is open, instead of clicking with the mouse or pressing up and down on the keyboard to change the patch, is there way to control the change from a midi controller?

bigguy1

04 Dec 2019

I think you are able to to this with every midi controller that hat buttons. I have a Novation Remote 25 and by adapting the remotemap for my device I can configure my controller, so that there are buttons to change the patch.

NostraDAWmus

04 Dec 2019

bigguy1 wrote:
04 Dec 2019
I think you are able to to this with every midi controller that hat buttons. I have a Novation Remote 25 and by adapting the remotemap for my device I can configure my controller, so that there are buttons to change the patch.
Doesn´t work w/ every device in Reason, especially VST(i) 64Bit and w/ VST3, program changes don´t work at all except a dedicated plugin comes w/ some special "programs" container where you sort your favourites you need for gigging into 128 memory locations.
Uhe plugins offer the "MIDI programs" folder for that purpose and similar can be activated for NI plugins on the right side of GUI (FM8, Absynth, Massive are examples).
GForce offers similar in it´s advanced patchbrowser and AFAIK Arturia offers similar too.

back to Reason ...

In the Reason VST3/ VSTi3 rack, MIDI program changes are disestablished.
They simply don´t work regardless which device,- RSN device or VST.
It´s a shame, regardless who made this decision,- Phead/RSN Studios and/ or Steinberg w/ their VST3 standard.

It´s also a nitemare the VST3 RSN Rack doesn´t listen to multiple MIDI channels and multiple MIDI ports.
It lacks the "advanced MIDI" interface we always were able to use in every Reason standalone version.

So no, it isn´t matter of the controller alone !
B.t.w., I use several hardware MIDI keyboards, Kurzweil included,- and Edirol PCR300 which is automatically recognized in Reason by using the DMAP function and which I used in RSN version 3 up to 11 now.

So please beware telling me it´s my controller causing issues.
The driver works pretty well in Win7 Pro x64 !

P.

• Information