Change tax country at checkout.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2019

I’ve bought a load of downloadable VSTs online in the past and always paid the tax due in my country of residence (Sweden). I’ve noticed that changing the Country at checkout can have a big effect on the amount of VAT one has to pay. I’m guessing from a legal and moral standpoint you should be honest where you’re living. Without incriminating yourself does anyone have any views or information regarding this? Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

jam-s

29 Nov 2019

By doging the VAT you might be committing tax fraud. And depending on your country it might be quite a serious thing (if you get caught).

Loque

29 Nov 2019

jam-s wrote:
29 Nov 2019
By doging the VAT you might be committing tax fraud. And depending on your country it might be quite a serious thing (if you get caught).
This.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2019

jam-s wrote:
29 Nov 2019
Yeah. Figured. Was more a general wondering. Never tried it before. It’s only a few pennies in the grand scale of things anyway.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xboix

29 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
29 Nov 2019
jam-s wrote:
29 Nov 2019
Yeah. Figured. Was more a general wondering. Never tried it before. It’s only a few pennies in the grand scale of things anyway.
Don't worry. You'll get away with it as long as you don't do something silly like document your crime on, say, a public internet forum. Oh.... :lol:

BRIGGS

29 Nov 2019

Taxation is theft
r11s

• Information