Automating Cables

This forum is for discussing Propellerhead's music software. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
thedjjudah

Post 28 Nov 2019

Should this be a feature in Reason 12? What do you think?

ShelLuser

Post 28 Nov 2019

If you leave us to guess what your interpretation of this is... how should we know?

I don't get it to be honest because I can already control one instrument directly from the other using the currently available CV setup. Heck: I can even automate a device within the sequencer and then use those signals to trigger another one (depending on the setup of course but it is doable).

So I fail to see the point of all this.
--- :reason:
Using the 'Power' Trio: Live 10 Suite (+ Push & Max 8 ), Reason 10 and Maschine Mk3 (+ the ultimate Komplete 12).
Blog: SynthFan (under heavy construction!)

motuscott

Post 28 Nov 2019

They can already "get jiggy with it", ala cable animation. What exactly is it that you require?
Sometimes a cigar is just a synth that's on fire

EdGrip

Post 28 Nov 2019

If you mean changing the patching/routing of a cable mid-track, there are switching REs for that.

Arjanders

Post 29 Nov 2019

EdGrip wrote:
28 Nov 2019
If you mean changing the patching/routing of a cable mid-track, there are switching REs for that.
Yes the (now free) Pepins are great for that. https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... in%20Hazan

You can record automation of the cv cables.

jam-s

Post 29 Nov 2019

Also the Mesher REs from Hamu can be used as signal routers: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/brow ... loper=Hamu
If you're in Aachen, come and visit us at the Voidspace.

thedjjudah

Post 01 Dec 2019

EdGrip, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks guys! I appreciate the info.

• Information