Running Reason 11 at same time as Reason Rack

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
crgperry

27 Nov 2019

I have set up Computer Authorization for both Reason 11 and Reason rack. If I load up either one, on their own, Computer Authorization works. However, if I try to run both at the same time, the first one loaded uses Computer Authorization, but the 2nd loaded requests Internet verification. If I load them in opposite order, the 2nd loaded wants Internet Verification. Any one else experience this. I want to do this, because while I mainly use and love Reason Rack, I cannot Remote Override Edit Reason rack, so can't externally control any rack parameters. My work around is to load Reason 10 along with using Reason Rack.

Oquasec

28 Nov 2019

its the same auth key.
I think you could load reason 11 into 10 and 9 as a vst
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

xboix

29 Nov 2019

I think you are only allowed to use one at a time.

crgperry

29 Nov 2019

Further info. Both do work fine at same time. But the second loaded, must run with Internet Verification. Not something I want playing live.

crgperry

29 Nov 2019

I just received this reply from Reason Support. Explains what’s going on

Hi,

This happens since each instance of Reason (stand-alone or Reason Rack Plug) uses the same license.
Since the first instance uses the computer authorization, the second instance has to use Internet verification.
Best regards,
Fredrik
Product Support
Reason Studios

NostraDAWmus

29 Nov 2019

crgperry wrote:
29 Nov 2019
I just received this reply from Reason Support. Explains what’s going on

Hi,

This happens since each instance of Reason (stand-alone or Reason Rack Plug) uses the same license.
Since the first instance uses the computer authorization, the second instance has to use Internet verification.
Best regards,
Fredrik
Product Support
Reason Studios
LOL !
This is "perfect" when the DAW machine isn´t connected to the web and Reason 11 runs w/ off-line (dongle) -authorization.
What do they think and smoke ?

P.

smithclarkson1

29 Nov 2019

Bit of a back story: I'm not new to reason. I actually stopped using Cubase for a time (Back in 2001) and was a massive Reason head from Version 1.0 till about version 5 and then I started using Cubase again sometimes with re-wire but in the end I came away from it to concentrate on Cubase until they published that it was going to be made into a VST. This was a game-changer in my eyes as I can't stand re-wire. So I decided to buy https://redtube.vin Reason 11 for the Rack VST only but to my disappointment or so it seems there are a couple of things that it can't do?

• Information