Stationary Faders when Mixer is Detached...Product change content?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jzquantum

27 Nov 2019

Hello,

Not sure this is the correct place to post. I recently got a 55" monitor to put on the wall in front of my desk to facilitate seeing the Mixer on the 55" and Rack/Sequencer views in my regular PC monitor at the same time. To do this, you have to detach the mixer, obviously. I noticed that when the mixer is detached, the fader ("FDR") portion of the mixer stays stationary when you scroll with the mouse. When the mixer is not detached, the FDR portion scrolls with the rest of the channel strip components. This is annoying because the whole reason I got the big monitor is to see things bigger and have it work the same way it did.

Now for my question...Do you know if this behavior can be changed? I would like the faders to scroll along with the other channel strip components when the mixer is detached. If not, I guess I will submit this as a change to Props.

Hopefully my question is clear. :question: :?
mixer.jpg
mixer.jpg (178.82 KiB) Viewed 359 times

tiker01

27 Nov 2019

Unfortunately it cannot be changed by the user. Send a feature request to RS!

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

jzquantum

27 Nov 2019

tiker01 wrote:
27 Nov 2019
Unfortunately it cannot be changed by the user. Send a feature request to RS!
That's too bad. I can't think of a reason why one would always want this behavior. At worst it should be a slider so one can make it behave like they want to, like you can do when you are in the non-detached mixer/rack/sequencer view. Doing it this way basically makes 50% of my monitor content stationary. The faders take up a lot of room on the screen in the vertical direction and makes it a little more challenging to see and change settings in my other channel strip modules.

• Information