Is it possisble to cycle layered pades on Kong in the ordered they are in? 1234 repeat

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mreese80

27 Nov 2019

I was wondering if there is a way we could cycle (alternate) layered samples on kong pads in the order they are layered in. Example: kick, snare, hat, crash. We can kind of do it by clicking the alt box but they play in random order. I was hoping this could be a featured update or is there a way we can do this now. I can do this easily in the akai mpc software. I want them to hit in order from top to bottom. 1234 repeat
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

chimp_spanner

27 Nov 2019

mreese80 wrote:
27 Nov 2019
I was wondering if there is a way we could cycle (alternate) layered samples on kong pads in the order they are layered in. Example: kick, snare, hat, crash. We can kind of do it by clicking the alt box but they play in random order. I was hoping this could be a featured update or is there a way we can do this now. I can do this easily in the akai mpc software. I want them to hit in order from top to bottom. 1234 repeat
Only way I can think to do it is either split them into 4 velocity bands (and disable velocity to amp level) then you just choose which sample plays by how hard it's played. But of course then you lose dynamics/velocity sensitivity. Otherwise true round robin isn't possible, afaik!

• Information