general procedure for transferring a licence?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eudopia

22 Nov 2019

i've agreed a price for a Reason 10 licence with another user but we're a bit stuck as we don't know each other from Jack, we're both new to the forum and neither of us is comfortable handing over licence/money without knowing for sure that the other will also fulfil their side of the bargain.

what's the standard procedure for this?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

eudopia wrote:
22 Nov 2019
i've agreed a price for a Reason 10 licence with another user but we're a bit stuck as we don't know each other from Jack, we're both new to the forum and neither of us is comfortable handing over licence/money without knowing for sure that the other will also fulfil their side of the bargain.

Find another buyer.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eudopia

22 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019
eudopia wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Find another buyer.
i am the buyer :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

eudopia wrote:
22 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Find another buyer.
i am the buyer :)
There’s not really much you can do then. Maybe pay with PayPal. You maybe get buyer protection? Or just trust the guy? If he’s not comfortable transferring without payment first then that’s really your only option.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

22 Nov 2019

I guess you can save the conversations and complain to Reason Studios later.

eudopia

22 Nov 2019

orthodox wrote:
22 Nov 2019
I guess you can save the conversations and complain to Reason Studios later.
Reason Studios clearly state that they will not discuss any licence with anyone other than the licence holder and to "call the police" if there is a problem.

i think it may be possible to use Paypal if you specify you are sending money for goods or services. looking into it now.

eudopia

22 Nov 2019

spoke to Paypal and as long as you use their 'Send Money' service and specify that it's for goods and services they offer buyer protection.

• Information