Audio Insert fx to Instruments question.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

Can anyone help me understand this. I create an audio track, flip the rack and take a cable from the insert fx on the back into Radical Piano. I then can use Radical Piano as an effects unit on my guitar...resonance, EQ etc.
When I do the same with eg. Parsec I get nuthin'. Just dry guitar signal.
What's the difference? Or what am I missing?

Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

In Parsec, you have to select "Audio in" as a modifier.
You'll have to hold down a key for Parsec to follow along. :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

Also try different partials and partial octave settings. As well as different shift/lag positions on the modifiers. Not every combination works for every sound. It can be inaudible.
parsecfx.JPG
parsecfx.JPG (91.74 KiB) Viewed 189 times
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
21 Nov 2019
In Parsec, you have to select "Audio in" as a modifier.
You'll have to hold down a key for Parsec to follow along. :)
Thanks man :). Could’ve just PMed you direct haha.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

:D

Now if you don't want to hold down notes but want that to happen automatically.. use Bitspeek!

Create a Spider Audio and duplicate your source signal, feed a copy into Bitspeek, let it do its thing and route Bitspeek's gate and note cv out into Parsec like so:
parsecfx2.JPG
parsecfx2.JPG (108.34 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Last edited by diminished on 21 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
21 Nov 2019
:D

Now if you don't want to hold down notes but want that to happen automatically.. use Bitspeek!

Create a Spider Audio and duplicate your source signal, feed a copy into Bitspeek, let it to its thing and route Bitspeek's gate and note cv out into Parsec like so:

parsecfx2.JPG
Hahahahaha haha. Thanks. You know I’m a one cable in one cable out guitar to effect pedal to amplifier kind of guy. I will try that though :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

With Bitspeek YMMV on polyphonic instruments but I'm sure you'll get something nice anyways :)

• Information